Relocating rear control arm mounts (boat anchors)???

Jerms

Is there a way to relocate or get rid of the lower control arm brackets in the rear of our jeeps (stock Dana 44s). Dear God I have drug over everything. Sick of getting hung up on rocks. I know there is a portion of grinding away the unnecessary portion of the bracket might be an option (but would only yield about an inch of more clearance), but is there someone here who has completely cut them off, and maybe welded new tabs to the front portion of the axle to house the lower control arm? Sure, new shock tabs are needed in the rear, as well as sway links, as well as shorter shock may be needed. These things are boat anchors. I can build about anything with the help of some buddies, just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same thing? Any thoughts or pics would be great.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
have you thought about getting the evo rock stars? they raise up the control arm mount almost 2" and are beefier than stock so they can take a beating.

As far as I know, the EVO rock stars move the rear shock mount position up 1.5 inches. The actual control arm mount location doesnt change.

I have the Rockstars and like em.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As far as I know, the EVO rock stars move the rear shock mount position up 1.5 inches. The actual control arm mount location doesnt change.

I have the Rockstars and like em.

:doh: thats what i get for reading to fast. i was thinking of the shock mount not the control arm mount. good catch.

This is probably not going to help you out much, but here is what the perfect solution looks like. EVO mfg has had this upgrade out for a long time and is the best cure for LCA/shock mount clearance issues. However, it is designed to be used with their EVO Lever suspension....it does not come cheap.

View attachment 107160

View attachment 107161

View attachment 107163

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE

Do you even wheel your Jeep. It is so clean and pretty. I bet is stays parked in the garage and only taken to the mall. :cheesy:

Some day Canvas will be EVO hauled.

GCM 2

Do you even wheel your Jeep. It is so clean and pretty. I bet is stays parked in the garage and only taken to the mall. :cheesy:

Some day Canvas will be EVO hauled.

There was only 500 miles on the EVOJEEP build at the time of this photo....all highway miles, from Off Road Evolution's shop back to my home. The brand new ProRock 60 rear diff fluid was changed the next morning too ;)

IMG_0616.jpg

There was only 500 miles on the EVOJEEP build at the time of this photo....all highway miles, from Off Road Evolution's shop back to my home. The brand new ProRock 60 rear diff fluid was changed the next morning too ;)

View attachment 107167

Figured it these were old photos since you had MTR's on and have not run those is quite some time.

Someday Canvas will be just like EVOJEEP, :daydream:

Jerms

The control arm mounts is what im thinking. Not the entire set up. Maybe an Offroad Evo guru guy would chime in to see if this is available to purchase separately. I already have tabs etc for shocks and sway bar links. Of course I could make something like this mount as well, but heck, id rather get them sexy mounts from Evo

GCM 2

You can't trust a company who claims to be the best...but zip ties their control arm skids on ;)

Haha! I cannot remember if it is you or someone else that chimes in with that every time me or Eddie post a photo of the Envy Links. Unfortunately this was the early fix for the floppy emergency brake cable on the early ProRocks. There is now a real machined remedy for the cable.

Here are the actual flathead allen machine screws (two per side of the arm on the lower half, and two per side of the arm on the upper half) :bleh:

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 6.17.04 PM.png

Top Bottom