building of shark bait

BumpStick

OK shark bait isn't the name of my JK it's the nickname my friends have given me. Yes I got bit by a shark, no I was not surfing.

This isn't an exciting build and it's going in stages and will take time since I don't have the money to buy what I want.

My original idea when I got the Jeep was I wanted a killer 2dr on 40s, RK 3.5 stretch kit, RJ44 and RJ60 with ARBs. And then reality set in. With my current job I'll never be able to get that build done. Plus I live in Florida, where will I ever need 40s. I can do everything in the state on 35s. I have talked to other JK owners around me who have 37s. They told me I can do everything here on 35s and can do Moab and Rubicon on 35s if I get the chance to make it out (2 of them had personally done it).

My build plan isn't done yet I'm still trying to decide on some things but this is what I have done right now:

1.75" BB
305/70/16 Iroks
1.5" wheel spacers
RR snorkel
Aftermarket front bumper w/9.5k superwinch
Magnaflow catback with turn down before the axle

Awaiting install (time off work)
Aussie locker for D30
RR hood louvers
Run Cool (hoodlovers.com) hood louvers

Now for the future install plan.
Detroit lockers front and rear
4.56s.... But I think I might go 4.88
35 Iroks (or other my, but the Iroks are treating me well)
And some beadlocks.

I already have the Detroit for the D30. And is any time in the future I plan to go larger I'm getting a G2 D44 front.

BumpStick

Forgot to mention it's a '12 2dr with an automatic. Also it is not my daily driver. I have a Harley Night Train that I ride everyday and when I need a cage I drive my girl's Dodge Ram 4x4.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
sounds like you got a solid plan of what you want to do! looking forward to the build

BumpStick

Oh I forgot to mention the extended brake lines and installing some 19/60 springs. I have the 14/55 right now.

BumpStick

I just got in my 18/59 springs and Rubicon shocks. After I unpacked everything I sat the Teraflex 3" JKU spring I have next to them (they are older springs since the part number doesn't match up with anything they are currently selling). It looks like it's about the height as the 18 with a 1.75 spacer on top. It's got just 2 more coils and they are just a tad thicker... I'm going to try the 18s with the spacer and compare that to just the Teraflex coil.

Top Bottom