2014 SEMA GM Futurliner : Parade of Progress Bus

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Even though the 2014 SEMA Show hasn't even started and even though I am far from having seeing all the cool vehicles it will have on display, I have to say that this 1940's GM Futurliner : Parade of Progress Bus is by far the most awesome thing I've seen here!! Literally, this is only 1 of 9 still known to exist out of the 12 made and it was restored immaculately! Check it out...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
It's an awesome restoration! One of the other remaining restored buses sold at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale for over $5million a few years ago. Fantastic piece of automotive history.:thumb::thumb:

edit: Sold for $4.1Million. What's a million or so?

Last edited:

JeepKind

Agreed, very much a Disney feel! Awesome to say the least......

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What is ironic is that I was watching a hot rod show just this last week and they were in the process of restoring this exact Dreamliner. There is a lot of steel, blood, sweat and time infested. I think their time line for start to finish was 18 months for a crew of 4 working on it. Everything is original down to the copper brake lines and the rebuilt motor with exact parts.

Kindig it Design did the restoration

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

hogtyed

:rock: Very nice! they just don't make-um like they used to. The restoration is flawless. :2thumbsup:

GCM 2

....... Pretty amazing. Would love to see it in person.

I was at Barrett Jackson years ago when it sold, then I was fortunate enough to have Mr. Pratt (current owner) allow me to see his private collection. He had also purchased Harley Earl's (GM' president back in the 50' and 60's ) personal ride the "Bonneville Special" experimental car and was on display inside the Futureliner.

image-160461716.jpg

image-3244848336.jpg

image-2109639629.jpg

image-4084665562.jpg

image-233100390.jpg

Here's a shot of the rest of the 40'000 sq/ft garage, with practically anything and everything a car nut would ever dream of owning, and which is all going up on the auction block this January at the Scottsdale, AZ Barrett Jackson Auction.

image-487153787.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I was at Barrett Jackson years ago when it sold, then I was fortunate enough to have Mr. Pratt (current owner) allow me to see his private collection. He had also purchased Harley Earl's (GM' president back in the 50' and 60's ) personal ride the "Bonneville Special" experimental car and was on display inside the Futureliner.

View attachment 107725

View attachment 107726

View attachment 107727

View attachment 107728

View attachment 107729

Here's a shot of the rest of the 40'000 sq/ft garage, with practically anything and everything a car nut would ever dream of owning, and which is all going up on the auction block this January at the Scottsdale, AZ Barrett Jackson Auction.

View attachment 107730

Wow, what a collection! Thanks for sharing those pics! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Good god that is awesome!! What I would have done to see all that in person. Thanks for posting these up :thumb:

sc0tt

View attachment 107725

View attachment 107726

View attachment 107727

View attachment 107728

View attachment 107729

View attachment 107730

That is so sweet!!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

View attachment 107725

View attachment 107726

View attachment 107727

View attachment 107728

View attachment 107729

View attachment 107730

That's just badass!

Top Bottom