Prowling in the Depths

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
PROWLING IN THE DEPTHS - REWARD MINE
Here are a few Hi-Res shots from a trip we took into Reward Mine a while back plus a few from our most recent trip.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PROWLING IN THE DEPTHS - SIERRA TRAIN TUNNELS
This is a shot that we took of Moby up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, inside a old abandoned train snow shed near Donner Summit. This specific shot was actually taken at a point where the the snow shed transitioned into a tunnel burrowed into the mountain and so lighting was at a minimal.

attachment.php

LIGHTING THE WAY FORWARD
Another shot of Moby inside the Donner train snow sheds.

attachment.php

DEEPER INTO THE DEPTHS
Another shot inside the Train Tunnels

attachment.php

TAKE COVER
The end of the world is near!

attachment.php

Unfortunately, Union Pacific was in the process of installing gates to lock up these amazing and historical snow sheds and so, access to them in the near future will most likely be restricted. We feel fortunate that we were able to enter into them one last time and take this shot.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nice pic! Bummed I hear thy are closing it. Is it for the winter or permanently?

JeepFan

Hooked
Eddie and Cindy. Looks like a very cool place. Great picture. I just added that location to my very long (thanks to you both) :yup: list of places to visit. Thanks Eddie and Cindy!!! :thumb:

kaptkrappy

PROWLING IN THE DEPTHS
This is a shot that we took of Moby up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, inside a old abandoned train snow shed near Donner Summit. This specific shot was actually taken at a point where the the snow shed transitioned into a tunnel burrowed into the mountain and so lighting was at a minimal.

Unfortunately, Union Pacific was in the process of installing gates to lock up these amazing and historical snow sheds and so, access to them in the near future will most likely be restricted. We feel fortunate that we were able to enter into them one last time and take this shot.

I had no idea what a snow shed was so I looked it up. Now I know.

Donner Summit Historical Society

PS: Thanks, as always, for the beautiful pictures.

Top Bottom