Jeepspeed debuts wrangler class to desert racing

rubicrawl

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415079300.252132.jpg Jeepspeed has created three classes for wrangler owners to desert racing class 1700 is for nearly stock 6 cylinders with mods limited to 33" tires and 10" of front wheel travel and 12" in the back and one shock per wheel, class 3700 allows longer wheelbase (up to 117") a jeep or mopar V-8 or six cylinder motor up to 6 liters no set versions forced induction is allowed on the sixes only, 35" tires 12" of travel up front and 14" rear, class 3750 is the open class allowing any production based engine 37" tires 15" of travel up front and no limit in the rear and no limit on the number of shocks.
In 2015 they are going to race three times mint 400 in March silver state in May and blue water challenge in October.
This is awesome Mel should enter this next year this is under the best in the desert racing series

Sent from Moab

rubicrawl

That's cool but jeep speed has way to many rules. Including what tires you can run.

Yeah true that's one thing I don't like about it at least let them run whatever tire size or at least give them a range like 37" - 40" tires for example but it would be cool to see Evo 1 racing these races and kicking ass also

Sent from Moab

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah true that's one thing I don't like about it at least let them run whatever tire size or at least give them a range like 37" - 40" tires for example but it would be cool to see Evo 1 racing these races and kicking ass also

Sent from Moab

No not the tire size, you need the rules for that. You can only run General tires in the JeepSpeed class. Lots of dumb rules like that.

David1tontj

No not the tire size, you need the rules for that. You can only run General tires in the JeepSpeed class. Lots of dumb rules like that.

Seriously? What the crap? Is jeepSpeed just a marketing trick for general tires?? That is truly a dumb rule. Sad.

GCM 2

Seriously? What the crap? Is jeepSpeed just a marketing trick for general tires?? That is truly a dumb rule. Sad.

Its quite normal in racing (especially spec class racing where everything is the same, nothing different allowed other than drivers and suspension dial-in), Racing is not cheap, and that goes for the racers and the sponsors, but in a race series like this it allows a competitor to afford parts at a huge discount and allows an MFG to pimp their gear. Its actually kind of a win-win situation.

Look at Nascar, you only find Goodyear tires on cars. In Formula 1, you only find Pirelli tires. In circle track racing, only Hoosier tires. There are many other series that will only allow one tire mfg brand to be run on the entire field.

David1tontj

Its quite normal in racing (especially spec class racing where everything is the same, nothing different allowed other than drivers and suspension dial-in), Racing is not cheap, and that goes for the racers and the sponsors, but in a race series like this it allows a competitor to afford parts at a huge discount and allows an MFG to pimp their gear. Its actually kind of a win-win situation.

Look at Nascar, you only find Goodyear tires on cars. In Formula 1, you only find Pirelli tires. In circle track racing, only Hoosier tires. There are many other series that will only allow one tire mfg brand to be run on the entire field.

So you're saying all I have to do to get a good deal on parts is to enter one of these races??!!! Haha. I guess it is kinda cool in that respect.

GCM 2

So you're saying all I have to do to get a good deal on parts is to enter one of these races??!!! Haha. I guess it is kinda cool in that respect.

Well if spending thousand of dollars, if not tens of thousands of dollars, just to get a deal on parts......there are literally dozens and dozens of race series waiting for you and your checkbook.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yup, this ^^^

rubicrawl

So somebody that is already sponsored by some other manufacture couldn't race it cause their sponsor would probably drop them cause they are using somebody else's tires? For example Mel with nitto tires and goes racing and puts on general tires to race

Sent from Moab

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So somebody that is already sponsored by some other manufacture couldn't race it cause their sponsor would probably drop them cause they are using somebody else's tires? For example Mel with nitto tires and goes racing and puts on general tires to race

Sent from Moab

Well, what I can tell you is that mel has been asked to race Jeepspeed but he doesn't.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Yup. I would rather run the stock class in ultra 4 rather then JeepSpeed.

Redmow

A friend of mine races. I asked him what I need to do to get started in that. He said to get my hands on $40k, pile it up in the garage and set it on fire. Think I will skip the racing.

rubicrawl

A friend of mine races. I asked him what I need to do to get started in that. He said to get my hands on $40k, pile it up in the garage and set it on fire. Think I will skip the racing.

Lol wow or get 40k don't race and build your jeep really badass and go wheeling with buddies and watch races in the sidelines with your jeep 👍

Sent from Moab

Top Bottom