Am I the only one that this stood out to?

David1tontj

Hey everyone, I'm posting this Jeep for sale for my good friend Brian. He would have done it himself but, would probably be burned for not having enough posts on the forum.

Might just be me, but I feel like just about anyone trying to sell stuff lately gets absolutely relentlessly roasted no matter what they say to defend themselves.

I get that some people's only post is a sale ad, and that is against the rules, but it is just getting embarrassing seeing everyone flying off the handle at people for any possible reason.

Sorry to hear about Brian's condition, but I'm glad it sounds like he found a buyer.

munstie

Awesome rig ,and a terrible disease wife has the same thing and it sucks. Good luck with sale.:thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

2013CGJKU

Nope, but it's his forum and he can do what he wants...

Do as I say, not as I do type deal.

You guys are pussies.

If Sharkey came on the for sale forum and said, "Check it out guys! The old man on the corner of my street is a great guy, known him for years and he's got a MINT CJ he is trying to get rid of, if you want it, let me know." no one would say a word.

Why?

Because we all know that we can probably trust the old guy because Sharkey is willing to vouch for him.

Step 1
If you are only here to sell us your used goods, then fuck off, because for all we know you just stole that off of someone's rig and we don't want to have anything to do with anything like that.

Step 2
If you don't like the way that people are told to fuck off for trying to sell us their used goods when not a soul around here has a clue who they are, THEN STOP GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO READ THE FOR SALE THREADS!

It's a really simple concept fellas.

I know that there is this public movement for people to "play nice" but this is the real world, life isn't fair, there's always a boss, there's always consequences for your actions (good or bad), you'll never make money if you don't work for it, there ARE winners and losers, the only real way to deal with a bully is by making them swallow their teeth and, last but not least, if you come on Wayalife to try and sell us your junk when no one has a clue who you are or even where that junk came from, you're gonna get flamed.

End of the story, reach down there and find that thing that identifies you as a male (regardless of whether your mommy and daddy told you that you can be a girl if you want to) and remind yourself to stop being such a damned pussy.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

David1tontj

You guys are pussies.

If Sharkey came on the for sale forum and said, "Check it out guys! The old man on the corner of my street is a great guy, known him for years and he's got a MINT CJ he is trying to get rid of, if you want it, let me know." no one would say a word.

Why?

Because we all know that we can probably trust the old guy because Sharkey is willing to vouch for him.

Step 1
If you are only here to sell us your used goods, then fuck off, because for all we know you just stole that off of someone's rig and we don't want to have anything to do with anything like that.

Step 2
If you don't like the way that people are told to fuck off for trying to sell us their used goods when not a soul around here has a clue who they are, THEN STOP GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO READ THE FOR SALE THREADS!

I know that there is this public movement for people to "play nice" but this is the real world, life isn't fair, there's always a boss, there's always consequences for your actions (good or bad), you'll never make money if you don't work for it, there ARE winners and losers, the only real way to deal with a bully is by making them swallow their teeth and, last but not least, if you come on Wayalife to try and sell us your junk when no one has a clue who you are or even where that junk came from, you're gonna get flamed.

End of the story, reach down there and find that thing that identifies you as a male (regardless of whether your mommy and daddy told you that you can be a girl if you want to) and remind yourself to stop being such a damned pussy.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

Exactly the kind of overreaction I am talking about. You're just being an ass, but that's your right.

Call me a pussy one more time and I'll make you swallow your teeth 😁😉

Last edited:

Tigrcky

Exactly the kind of overreaction I am talking about. You're just being an ass, but that's your right.

I think you are here just to sell stuff and brag about some kind of liquid maybe you might self ban?

Sent from my whatchamacallit

hydrohut

That's a thing of beauty! Sorry your forced to sell, hope things improve for you. Hey whats that extra stick shift for?

2013CGJKU

I thought I was being totally calm and rational... but I guess I'm just a big bully and don't even realize when I'm acting that way. :D :beer:

Levi
2013 CG JKU

You guys are pussies.

Why?

Step 1

Step 2

Levi
2013 CG JKU

To me and this is just me now. It is not what you say buy how and which adjective you choose.

The ones getting flamed are those who respond with an attitude. Simply saying hey drop by and give us a wave is suffice and only has to be said once not over and over.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Might just be me, but I feel like just about anyone trying to sell stuff lately gets absolutely relentlessly roasted no matter what they say to defend themselves.

I get that some people's only post is a sale ad, and that is against the rules, but it is just getting embarrassing seeing everyone flying off the handle at people for any possible reason.

Sorry to hear about Brian's condition, but I'm glad it sounds like he found a buyer.

No you are not the only one, however I look to see who made the post, which is WAL. There is a similar post for a rear bumper that was started by MOD for a friend.

Here is my take on this, now follow me. If someone is willing to put their name and reputation with a friend who is selling something then so be it. If there is a problem with the sale I am going to the person who posted and put their name with them.

If Mel was selling something in this forum would he get flamed? Probably not why because we know who he is and his character even if he was not a sponsor.

Guess I am trying to say is if someone is wing to say this person is legitimate and not going to screw over the forum then so be it.

Again just my opinion.

2013CGJKU

To me and this is just me now. It is not what you say buy how and which adjective you choose.

The ones getting flamed are those who respond with an attitude. Simply saying hey drop by and give us a wave is suffice and only has to be said once not over and over.

Which just makes the point that HDg(ass)er was trying to make even more thin skinned and unnecessary.

I don't get how going out of your way to attempt to force others around you to think, feel or act a certain way doesn't fall under this whole "bullying" umbrella. Oh wait... it does... when it's convenient for PC America. When it's about something that they think is "right".

Kind of like how major corporations are evil - but my iPhone is just too important and trendy to give up even though Apple in China had to install jump netting to keep their employees from jumping off the roof to commit suicide.

Or women's right are being trampled on and we need to stand up for it - but Islam is a peaceful religion.

Or driving a hybrid car will save the planet and your wallet - even though it's got a "carbon footprint" the size of a 10 year old traditional IC powered car before it's ever even purchased and takes 20 years to make up the difference in cost with savings at the pump.

It's all obsurd. Every bit of it. If you want to live in this perfect little utopia, you shouldn't have bought a Jeep. We all carry extra parts in our rigs when we go wheeling because we understand that this is the real world and shit happens, shit gets tough from time to time. When it does happen we don't sit down in a heap and cry about it waiting for someone else to come along and fix it, we put our noses down and figure out how to get things fixed and get ourselves home.

What/how things are said around here is, 99% of the time, appropriate. Whether "mean" language is used or not doesn't change WHAT is being said... contrary to mainstream belief.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

Which just makes the point that HDg(ass)er was trying to make even more thin skinned and unnecessary.

I don't get how going out of your way to attempt to force others around you to think, feel or act a certain way doesn't fall under this whole "bullying" umbrella. Oh wait... it does... when it's convenient for PC America. When it's about something that they think is "right".

Kind of like how major corporations are evil - but my iPhone is just too important and trendy to give up even though Apple in China had to install jump netting to keep their employees from jumping off the roof to commit suicide.

Or women's right are being trampled on and we need to stand up for it - but Islam is a peaceful religion.

Or driving a hybrid car will save the planet and your wallet - even though it's got a "carbon footprint" the size of a 10 year old traditional IC powered car before it's ever even purchased and takes 20 years to make up the difference in cost with savings at the pump.

It's all obsurd. Every bit of it. If you want to live in this perfect little utopia, you shouldn't have bought a Jeep. We all carry extra parts in our rigs when we go wheeling because we understand that this is the real world and shit happens, shit gets tough from time to time. When it does happen we don't sit down in a heap and cry about it waiting for someone else to come along and fix it, we put our noses down and figure out how to get things fixed and get ourselves home.

What/how things are said around here is, 99% of the time, appropriate. Whether "mean" language is used or not doesn't change WHAT is being said... contrary to mainstream belief.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

Crap! Meant to edit, not quote. My apologies.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I hope you don't mind but I moved all this into its own thread as I didn't want to clutter up the thread it came from with off topic posts.

In response to your comments, all I can say is that in a lot of ways, I would prefer NOT to have a for sale forum at all. To me, WAYALIFE is a "community" of people that I'd like to call my friends and if there are lurkers out there who quietly enjoy the content of this forum, I think that's great as well. What I don't care for are people who just come on here to "use" this community, for their benefit and do so just to sell their stuff. This is why I have the rules I have in place.

As far as "anyone trying to sell stuff lately gets absolutely relentlessly roasted no matter what they say to defend themselves" goes, all I can say is, they shouldn't "defend" themselves. So far as I have seen, most people don't get "roasted" unless they do try to defend themselves instead of just apologizing for not being familiar with the rules of this forum. Might just be me but, I see all this as being a two way street and they are just as responsible.

Nope, but it's his forum and he can do what he wants...

Do as I say, not as I do type deal.

Exactly why I rarely come here.... The WOL nut swingers have spoken! :thumb:

So why not do yourself a favor and make that "rarely" into a never. :naw:

David1tontj

Levi
2013 CG JKU

^fair enough.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

^Agreed

Levi
2013 CG JKU

^do you know who you're talking to? Haha ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415110449.487516.jpg

Levi
2013 CG JKU

^ my only disagreement- WHEN LANGUAGE IS USED it brings out the worst In People and automatically puts them on the defense. That is my ONLY complaint about how the typical "first post for sale" guys are dealt with. On every other point, I FULLY AGREE!

David1tontj

In response to your comments, all I can say is that in a lot of ways, I would prefer NOT to have a for sale forum at all. To me, WAYALIFE is a "community" of people that I'd like to call my friends and if there are lurkers out there who quietly enjoy the content of this forum, I think that's great as well. What I don't care for are people who just come on here to "use" this community, for their benefit and do so just to sell their stuff. This is why I have the rules I have in place.

As far as "anyone trying to sell stuff lately gets absolutely relentlessly roasted no matter what they say to defend themselves" goes, all I can say is, they shouldn't "defend" themselves. So far as I have seen, most people don't get "roasted" unless they do try to defend themselves instead of just apologizing for not being familiar with the rules of this forum. Might just be me but, I see all this as being a two way street and they are just as responsible.

I totally understand. I see it all a little differently after hearing the way you put it. Well said.

thardy

Banned

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I had a post a few months into my membership here where I asked ORE whether or not you could get their windshield decals in different colors. The responses I received from some of the long term members caught me off guard at first, but upon asking what I was missing, I was informed that the responses were not personal to me but inside jokes to a previous issue. So instead of losing my cool on a couple of off hand topics, it ended up being quite the hilarious thread with an overview of all the BS that had occurred so far in the year. In my opinion, it is completely up to the OP of a post to respond with a logical response and not lose their cool when a veteran member simply points out the rules.

Top Bottom