2014 SEMA Bestop Gray 2-door Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the 2014 SEMA Show, Bestop released their all new TrekTop Pro - a fastback top with all the fun that a soft top offers, options that a bikini/safari top provide and all the conveniences of a hard top as well. This top is made out of 30 oz. twill fabric for a nice quite ride, is built with a sunrider so that you can flip open the front like a sun roof, has a glass rear window complete with defrosters and optional rear wiper and comes with sliding glass side windows with screens. Maybe the best part of this top is that even though it's a soft top, there are absolutely NO ZIPPERS on it. In other words, it's a lot easier to install and remove the rear panels for a bikini top ride. Here's what it looks like on a Jeep JK 2-door Wrangler.

DSC03979.jpg

DSC03981.jpg

DSC03982.jpg

DSC03983.jpg

DSC03984.jpg

DSC03989.jpg

DSC03992.jpg

DSC03993.jpg

DSC03994.jpg

DSC03995.jpg

DSC03996.jpg

DSC03997.jpg

DSC03998.jpg

DSC03999.jpg

DSC04000.jpg

Here's an interesting new tailgate tray table/basket.
DSC03986.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

DSC03988.jpg

UGH! What were they thinking with the honeycomb inner on the rear corner supports? Any idea how long that would take to clean mud out of? Especially since this area is sure to get front wheel spray :crazyeyes:

Edit to add: I like the tire bag storage thing... and the tailgate basket but wouldn't use it on a 2-door.

Edit again to add: I think I would like a soft windowed variant of this... or at least soft side windows. I know they have the Trex Top NX, but it is a total PITA to put on and take off of a 2-door. No way my wife can do it solo. (Thus, we traded ours for a normal soft top.)

Last edited:

hbkid22

If you were to go bikini top with this would you still have the rear surrounds (honey combs things)? That is one of the things I like about the Twill NX is that when you go bikini style you have nothing else but the top....I dont like the rear corner surrounds (or whatever they are called) as that is why I got ride of the OEM top when you took the windows off.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you were to go bikini top with this would you still have the rear surrounds (honey combs things)? That is one of the things I like about the Twill NX is that when you go bikini style you have nothing else but the top....I dont like the rear corner surrounds (or whatever they are called) as that is why I got ride of the OEM top when you took the windows off.....

Looks that way. You might be able to remove the rear honeycomb corners but, that would require tools.

I can't be certain, but it looks to me like the frame is intended to stay on unless completely removing the top.

Edit... Damn Eddie is awesome! Killing it at SEMA and still beating me to replies :)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I wonder how the back window comes off. Simple removal with a few bolts or little more complex.

TheStick

I can't be certain, but it looks to me like the frame is intended to stay on unless completely removing the top.

Edit... Damn Eddie is awesome! Killing it at SEMA and still beating me to replies :)

Yeah, if you cannot run it in safari mode without the corners, that is a major bummer.

Horty

Bestop can put efforts towards this but not into upper half door windows. that rear window looks like it can be used for the half door fronts.

AlpineGlider

That tailgate-mounted mesh crate looks interesting. I wonder how it actually gets mounted on the tailgate? I just got burned by the Teraflex MP tailgate table and its evil "nutzerts" that don't actually work. Now I have four big holes drilled in my tailgate and no table :-(

Mojave Meck

Is there any reduction in head room with this top compared to a hard top? Also, Eddie this may be one for you, is there any insulation factor with this top? How do you think it will be in the desert heat?

NAUJK

I want this thing sooooooooo bad!!!####

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, that is a very nice top. My next purchase...along with other things. Anybody know if the Sport is prewired for plug n play for defrost or is that something I'm going to have to wire?

Top Bottom