2014 SEMA Dynatrac ProGRIP Jeep JK Wrangler Front & Rear Brake System

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've been wanting to see detailed photos of the all new Dynatrac ProGRIP Jeep JK Wrangler Front & Rear Brake System, this is what they had on display at the 2014 SEMA Show.

DSC03857.jpg

DSC03858.jpg

DSC03859.jpg

DSC03860.jpg

DSC03861.jpg

DSC03863.jpg

DSC03864.jpg

DSC03865.jpg

DSC03866.jpg

DSC03867.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

DSC03870.jpg

DSC03871.jpg

DSC03872.jpg

DSC03873.jpg

DSC03874.jpg

bo9roadking

Are the rear brakes better than the J8 military brakes on the PR80? I think I'm running the factory single caliper now on the D80. If the rear caliper is a dual piston instead of using the stock caliper, is this new setup available for the PR80 with 8-lug studs?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I like and will add this to the new axles if this is an option.:thumb:

Are the rear brakes better than the J8 military brakes on the PR80? I think I'm running the factory single caliper now on the D80. If the rear caliper is a dual piston instead of using the stock caliper, is this new setup available for the PR80 with 8-lug studs?

this only comes in a 5x5 bolt pattern for an upgrade over stock. the pr60 and 80 has bigger brakes (and im assuming better brakes) than this set up.

rubicon91

Definitely added to my now ever growing list of items that I want. What started with 2 digits in front of comma is slowly working towards 3 digits in front of comma. Kidney anyone!! :D

Space Monkey

so...How is it better then stock? Same size rotor, same caliper, better venting in rotor? Thats it? Why not just get drilled rotors?

rcz

so...How is it better then stock? Same size rotor, same caliper, better venting in rotor? Thats it? Why not just get drilled rotors?

Actually the Dynatrac rotors are larger, which provide a leverage advantage. The pads in the kit supposedly also have an improved friction coefficient. New caliper brackets are used to move the caliper out futher to accommodate the larger rotors.

pastorwug

Just checked their website and nothing listed there as yet, anyone have an idea when this is going to hit the streets?
Maybe by Christmas? (hint, hint)

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I just ordered this kit a few days ago by calling them directly after I contacted them through Facebook. Here's what they said back to me after I inquired about the kit.

"We don't have our website currently set up so you can purchase directly through it. You can contact one of our dealers (we do have page that shows the dealers) or you can call us at 714-596-4461 and order it directly."

It costs $999.00 plus shipping. Mine should ship just before Christmas and I ordered it this past Tuesday. The sales Rep was awesome and he told me they're getting a lot of orders for this kit so there's a waiting line.

I'm looking forward to installing it!

espi

I just ordered this kit a few days ago by calling them directly after I contacted them through Facebook. Here's what they said back to me after I inquired about the kit.

"We don't have our website currently set up so you can purchase directly through it. You can contact one of our dealers (we do have page that shows the dealers) or you can call us at 714-596-4461 and order it directly."

It costs $999.00 plus shipping. Mine should ship just before Christmas and I ordered it this past Tuesday. The sales Rep was awesome and he told me they're getting a lot of orders for this kit so there's a waiting line.

I'm looking forward to installing it!

Please let us know how the install is and how they perform.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Espi,

I will.

I'm still waiting for the kit to be shipped. I'm sure it won't take as long as my ShrockWorks stuff did.

-Matt

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Just got a call from Steve, my kit will ship tomorrow. Dynatrac just got the first batch of the Pro Grip kits in. I feel pretty lucky that I'm getting one of them. I thought I might be down the wait list a bit further. Should have it in about a week!

espi

Just got a call from Steve, my kit will ship tomorrow. Dynatrac just got the first batch of the Pro Grip kits in. I feel pretty lucky that I'm getting one of them. I thought I might be down the wait list a bit further. Should have it in about a week!

Awesome, I am definitely excited for you. I might have to start saving up and tell my wife my brakes are worn out.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
That was how I justified buying this kit to my wife, aside from the fact that I still have the original brakes on my rig (sans new pads and a rotor planing of the front brakes back in 2010). Putting 35's on last month helped to.

Top Bottom