Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EVO Springs vs Rock Krawler Springs

I have the EVO plush ride coils and really like them. They are truly better, softer and more comfortable than stock.

I've only ridden in a Jeep with RK coils and didn't think they were what I would consider "better" with regard to ride quality over stock. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007blackJk View Post
    The new coils or old ? BIG difference..
    Mine are the old ones

I had the old RK springs. Sagged like mad after a year. Between that and the control arm and track bar joints shitting the bed after less than 2 years I really don't have a lot of good things to say about RK. After starting off with the RK 2.5" Flex system, the only RK piece left on my Jeep is the rear track bar bracket. Maybe the new stuff is better but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out.
    A JKX. One day that is my goal.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    2007blackjk... Thank you for your input.

I have a question, How noticeable is the progression spring rate on your 2 dr? Curious...

Thank you
    Not sure what you mean ?

RK is on rev 2 of their new TR coils.
    The first rev TR fronts were very short. The current rev coils are longer. softened and ride better.
    The new rears don't stack up on the top like rev 1's did. I still have the rev 1 rears, not sure what was changed.

I still have the RK coils. Not a bad coil at all. The fist gen coils sucked. Honestly rode worse then the TF coils I ran previous

Fresh Catch
    [QUOTE=2007blackJk;400714]

Not sure what you mean ?

I was looking for the second, third, and anymore points of engagement on the progression of the spring... To better put it, At what points do you feel the different spring rates kicking in when travel of the spring is compressing? Like, do you noticeably notice when the heavier spring rates engage? And if so, what is type of feed back / input do you get...

Sorry for the questions... Just really interested

Thank you

Been Around the Block
    Harder hits, bigger bumps, post holes, bridge expansion joints. Kinda feels like bumpsteer in a way.
    The redesign fixed most of it. Before every bump could be felt. I believe RK moved the transition rate section down further. There's more soft rate to help absorb impact better = less kick.
    The Rancho 9000's are not the best dampening shock either. Nice being able to adjust them. The higher you run them the better the shock dampens the coil. I ran softer settings with RK's coils.
    With the same settings and Evo's coils, there's a lot of body movement. The evo coil is soft enough to let me run 7/8 on the dial. The ride is firm but not harsh.

All this info is a great help, I'm glad I could piggyback this thread and gather information, more is always better. Thanks guys.
    Also, what are other good shock options to run with EVO springs?

LOSER
    evo 4" on my 4 door jeep with bilstien 5100... not one person who has rode in it said anything bad about the ride actualy everyone says and i mean everyone holy shit this thing is a cadillac on and offroad! over time on the trail the shocks fade but thats to be expected with non resi but for the majority the setup is amazing! very happy going on my second year with the setup then it will all me pulled out and jeep will be on coil overs for even better ride.

anyone thinking about it tho the evo with rancho or bilstiens rock! but i am yet to rip a jeep with a rock krawler kit so i cant talk about there ride at all.

I run the 2.5 stock mod rock krawler on my 4 door. Had it for almost 2 years now and I love it. It rides a lot better than my friends jk with stock suspension. Never had experience with evo coils so can't help comparing them to evo. Which ever you choose, Im sure you will enjoy. Just make sure to get some nice shocks as well.

i have an 07 jku sahara.
    Bilstein 5160's and recently swapped in the EVO 3" PLUSH springs.
    Made a world of difference. Feels more stable.
    The old springs were (I'm guessing) procomp 2.5"

Even the wife said it felt smoother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast