Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EVO Springs vs Rock Krawler Springs

Fresh Catch

EVO Springs vs Rock Krawler Springs

Hi everyone. I need help with this issue...

I have been looking to upgrade my suspension on my 4dr JK. Right now I have 2.5" TF lift. I am currently looking towards the 3.5 or 4 inch lift. Currently stuck on EVO Manufacturing or Rock Krawler springs....... WHICH leads me to what I need help with.....

WHat is / are the difference(s) between the EVO Plush ride springs and the the Rock Krawler Triple rate springs?

I Have been reading throughout the Forum, and can not find anything. The comments I read the most are that you can not go wrong, whether it is the EVO springs or the RK springs, and that they handle like stock on road and work great off road...

Any light to this would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    I love my 3" plush ride coils. Ride is better than stock imo.evo coils have a long free length, some rk coils run short. Never tried rk triple rates. One member switched from rk to evo and seems happy.

Been Around the Block
    I just switched from RK's new coils to Evo plush rides.
    Overall feel "IMO" is about the same. The new RK coils are a really nice coil compared to the previous gen progressive/linear combo.
    Where the Evo's shine, bigger bumps, potholes are absorbed better. Not softer but (less of a kick as some describe it) as the soft part of the coil transitions to the firmer rate. Hard to describe actually. Somebody with a 4 door may have a different opinion. Shock/coil choice is more important on a shorter wheelbase 2 door. Get it wrong and you're all over the place ... Not fun.
    Both coils run with Rancho 9000's.
    I prefer the higher settings with a softer coil. The jeep is more planted/stable.
    I think you'll be happy either choice.

Thanks,I had basically the same question about the EVO Plush Rides compared to others. Next question is what shocks work best for a double duty '11 JKU that will see more road time than off road time?

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TORQUEADDICT View Post
    Thanks,I had basically the same question about the EVO Plush Rides compared to others. Next question is what shocks work best for a double duty '11 JKU that will see more road time than off road time?
    I have bilstein 5100, but if I could redo it, I'd go with the adjustable Rancho 9000.
    Last edited by olram30; 11-07-2014 at 12:41 AM.

I have the Rock Krawler, would not recommend them. A buddy has the EVO Plush Rides, no comparison ride is truly better than stock.

I have the Rock Krawler springs and I do recommend them. I transitioned from Teraflex coils, to Rubicon Express coils, and now to these.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I have the Rock Krawler, would not recommend them. A buddy has the EVO Plush Rides, no comparison ride is truly better than stock.
    The new coils or old ? BIG difference..

Fresh Catch
    I keep reading the description on the manufacturers website, and the information given are very vague. 2 dr JK i know are affected differently than the 4 dr. Mainly due to weight, wheel bases, and possibly different pivot point locations.

Thank you for the information guys, please keep the inputs coming.....

As to suspension, I already have King in hand...
    Last edited by G-man; 11-07-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Fresh Catch
    2007blackjk... Thank you for your input.

I have a question, How noticeable is the progression spring rate on your 2 dr? Curious...

Thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast