Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EVO Springs vs Rock Krawler Springs

-
    I started with the Pro-Comp 2.5 springs with their ES9000 shocks and transitioned to the 3" EVO Plush Rides and like how it handles. If you have the opportunity catch a ride in a vehicle that is running the Rock Krawler springs and then one with the EVO Plush Rides and see which one you like. Also the shocks do make a huge difference. Before I got my RS9000XL's I ran the Plush Rides with the ES9000's and it was rough. Guess I am just old and like a smooth ride.

R/
    Will

Fresh Catch
    Thank you folks for the good input.....

It becomes really hard to determine what we need when the information is very limited or just one sided... or a battle between good vs evil...lol

The funny thing about all this...... I live 8 blocks away from EVO Manufacturering. Before I go there and get to asking questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2007blackJk
    With the same settings and Evo's coils, there's a lot of body movement. The evo coil is soft enough to let me run 7/8 on the dial. The ride is firm but not harsh.
    After reading this I turned my shocks up to 7 (from 2) and it's too harsh for me. Still trying to find that perfect setting with these shocks..

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by vitodivita View Post
    After reading this I turned my shocks up to 7 (from 2) and it's too harsh for me. Still trying to find that perfect setting with these shocks..
    Give it some time. 7/8 is going to be firmer .. No doubt about it. The issue at lower settings, the amount of body movement. It's hard to get comfortable driving getting tossed side to side.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007blackJk View Post
    Give it some time. 7/8 is going to be firmer .. No doubt about it. The issue at lower settings, the amount of body movement. It's hard to get comfortable driving getting tossed side to side.
    I definetely felt more confident with the handling but felt every imperfection in the road. I also am without a steering stabilizer until Monday so I'm sure that's playing a part in it too.

Nothing but a Thing NevadaZielmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Thank you folks for the good input.....

It becomes really hard to determine what we need when the information is very limited or just one sided... or a battle between good vs evil...lol

The funny thing about all this...... I live 8 blocks away from EVO Manufacturering. Before I go there and get to asking questions.....
    G-man,

I am curious, what did you finally decide on? Rock Krawler or Evo Manufacturing?

I have the new RK triple rates on my JKU and have been very happy with the ride quality. I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123