2014 SEMA GenRight Rock Star Carbon Fiber Fenders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So far as I could tell, GenRight didn't have a display at the 2014 SEMA Show but, I they did have a couple of Jeep JK Wrangler wearing their new Rock Start carbon fiber fenders such as this one owned by Walker Evans. I should note that these are real canon fiber and do NOT flex.

DSC05659.jpg

DSC05660.jpg

DSC05661.jpg

DSC05664.jpg

DSC05667.jpg

DSC05668.jpg

DSC05669.jpg

DSC05670.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

DSC05674.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I remember the price on these. It was outrageous. Looks great on show vehicles.

hogtyed

:hot: Have you ever touched that stuff when it has been sitting in the hat sun? Better be wearing gloves. :hot: Boeing does make airplane bodies out of that stuff though.

mastrcruse

Hows the rigidity? Ive dealt with some CF that was strong as nails and some that would break if you looked at it wrong. They look nice but for 1100 a pair I better be able to lay the jeep on them and they shouldn't break. I'm guessing this isn't the case though (probably more along the lines of non-steel alternatives).

Whats your thoughts on the strength?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
they deff are sweet looking and prob expensive as hell. i would never run them but still sweet looking

pastorwug

I can just imagine hearing you CF fenders crumbling under the weight of your Jeep against a rock - it would make me sick after paying that much - these have to be for the Mall Crawlers only.

they deff are sweet looking and prob expensive as hell. i would never run them but still sweet looking

Agreed, for the similar look and still have some flexibility I choose to run MCE's Carbon (Looking) fenders on my Wife's Jeep. (... yes I mentioned her, and no I'm not posting a picture of her :crazyeyes: )

Close-up:
IMG_20141025_183247526_HDR.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Agreed, for the similar look and still have some flexibility I choose to run MCE's Carbon (Looking) fenders on my Wife's Jeep. (... yes I mentioned her, and no I'm not posting a picture of her :crazyeyes: )

Close-up:

i do like the look of those as well!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Close-up:

I think these are a better option if you hit the rocks at all. Those GR Carbon flares are sexy, but I would even be afraid of cracking them with flying rocks hauling ass through the desert, let alone rubbing them against a rock. With the MCE flares, you get a similar look and flexibility, at a fraction of the cost.

I think these are a better option if you hit the rocks at all. Those GR Carbon flares are sexy, but I would even be afraid of cracking them with flying rocks hauling ass through the desert, let alone rubbing them against a rock. With the MCE flares, you get a similar look and flexibility, at a fraction of the cost.

I like the "old school" flat fender look too :yup:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Have y'all seen carbon fiber after a good impact? It just cracks and cracks bad. It looks like shit after you repair it. They look beautiful but I wonder how the resin coating will look after a few pinstripes. Definitely not as durable as some textured powder coating. CF is great for as lightweight sports car but I'll pass on a jeep.

Top Bottom