Audio system pic request

Aldonoward3

I know that with out JKs that are 2014 and older have little to brag about when it comes to the sound quality and stereo systems but I'd like to see some of the systems that yall have created to fill the void. I know we Jeepers get pretty creative so let's see the beats!!!

Here is my 2013 JKU with the fiberglass enclosure that I molded in front of the drivers rear fender well, rockford 10" woofer and the amp is under my driver seat. The highs and mids are a French made Focál VR polyglass series component system. I run the kenwood DNX691HD DVD,CD,Bluetooth, HDMI, Garmin NAV, MP3 streaming player along with the iDatalink Maestro which allows me to view my speed, tire pressure, battery voltage, rpm, intake temp, and engine diagnostics all on my 7" in dash screen. The headunit and modules cost about $800, the woofer amp, components and enclosure materials (glass and resin) were about $1000.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415378398.243562.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415378429.141876.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415378452.167809.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415378502.890402.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415378538.037549.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415378572.721095.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415379298.966107.jpg

Here is a link to the headunit demo I found on YouTube the jk in the video is not mine it's some company in Florida I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vs9mDBHVn4

Nice glass job on the woofer. That is probably the hardest part of your whole set up. getting it perfect takes a keen eye and a lot of patience.:thumb:

Aldonoward3

Nice glass job on the woofer. That is probably the hardest part of your whole set up. getting it perfect takes a keen eye and a lot of patience.:thumb:

Thanks man!!! Yeah it was tedious but I've worked with fiberglass since I was a kid. If I had paid a shop to do it the box by itself with upholstery would've cost me $600! 😰

Aldonoward3

Where are you mounting the amp?

Nice work on the box!

I have the amp strapped underneath the drivers seat. I had it on the floor but I was worried about water getting to it, plus I've ripped the carpet out of the entire jeep excluding the cargo area.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I have the amp strapped underneath the drivers seat. I had it on the floor but I was worried about water getting to it, plus I've ripped the carpet out of the entire jeep excluding the cargo area.

Good call on the heated seat option ;)

Top Bottom