Trying to get 35s ASAP.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
As the title says I am trying to get some 35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers installed ASAP. For now I am looking at just doing a 2.5 in Teraflex budget boost for several different reasons. I have a question though as to how the stock rubicon springs with the budget boost will hold up to a Warn 12k HD Powerplant winch. I have the EVO 1/4 pounder bumper installed already and dont have a winch yet, so I would also like to purchase a winch and want the powerplant. I bought the bumper and put it on my 2008 JK because it had a hideous Ranch Hand bumper on it from the previous owner. When I traded in the 08 for the 14 I swapped bumpers at the dealership and kept my EVO bumper. Now I am wanting a winch to finish out the look as well as be usefull for its intended purpose. The bumper was bought in early 2013 so it only has one set of mounting holes. Ive thought about going with a cheaper winch for now and then when I can get the power plant just putting the cheaper winch on a trailer for pulling vehicles onto the trailer. I don't want to go to cheap though so I end up not far off of the price of the power plant and so I figure I might as well get the winch I want now and just be done with it. I will most likely also be running the EVO rear d-ring mounts (as I already have them) and the EVO rear fascia but might hold out for an EVO rear bumper. Not decided for sure on that yet.

I am open to maybe an EVO leveling kit and either pucks on top of those springs to clear the 35s or a daystar one inch body lift as well as the EVO leveling kit to get me the 2.5 inches. I plan on doing the one inch body lift at some point anyways. Was just looking at a 2.5 inch suspension lift. Don't want more than that right now as I don't want to get into control arms or drive shafts yet. Maybe sometime next year or when the 35s wear out I will look into an EVO Enforcer lift and 37s. I just don't want to get the budget boost only to have the front end sagging down enough that I need to get a lift kit with springs. Ive tried searching but cant come up with what I am looking for really.

What is everybody's experiences?

thardy

Banned
Evo leveling kit and trim the fenders. Shouldn't have a single issue running 35s.

Sent using Wayalife mobile app

pvanweelden

Skip the body lift, there is no benefit. Trim the fenders. 315's with evo leveling kit.
1415678812415.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm wondering more about the power plant and the puck type lift not the lift on how to fit 35s. There's tons of info on that to which I have found.

I disagree on the body lift not having benefits. I have run them on several vehicles. The one inch serves lots of purposes that for me is worth it. Ever pulled a transmission on a vehicle with a body lift? Tons easier, even just that extra inch helps in getting to the bell housing bolts. Ever done a drivetrain swap in a vehicle and needed just a little bit more room to not have to modify the body more specifically the transmission tunnel? Ever had an offroad vehicle with a c channel frame? They hold mud and being able to get the power washer between the body and frame to wash the inside of the other side of the frame is nice. Helps to keep you from having to climb under the vehicle to do that. Am I going to run a 3 inch body lift or recommend them? No but to each their own. The one inch kits help out in more ways than just fitting bigger tires.

These are reasons I will run a one inch body lift. If others don't want to run one that's fine, it's your jeep.

I am wanting to keep the fenders in tact for now. May trim them later but want to see what it looks like first.

Thanks for the replies.

pvanweelden

I'm wondering more about the power plant and the puck type lift not the lift on how to fit 35s.

Maybe the thread should have been called something else? :confused:

Note on the body lift- be prepared for extra heat to come up thru the shifter boot, especially if it is a manual.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
all puck lifts are the same so it really comes down to what you wanna pay for it and what it comes with so dont worry about brand name to much.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yeah I thought of maybe the title should have been different. :doh:

Not worried about heat and mine is an automatic. Have had 3 YJs with no carpet, one JK with no carpet, two K5s with no carpet, one scout with out carpet. Probably would pull the carpet out of the 14 but its "too nice" as my wife says so it will stay. Damn thing is becoming "too nice" for me to want to do anything with it anyways and will be a glorified mall crawler in no time! LOL. Oh well, I will have a nice driver. Already looking for a crawler again to start building.

pvanweelden

The extra heat will be from the body lift and the fact that the lower boot will no longer seal against the bottom of the tub.

Top Bottom