Help with Diablo Tuner

CharlieK

Recently changed my gears went from 4.56 to 4.88, and added lockers. I'm running 37's and no issues at all prior to gear change and addition of lockers. I have a Diablo Trinity, which I used to adjust axel ratio. First thru third no issues at all shifts normal. Fourth hangs up and shifts at 4100-4200 rpm, over really hangs up at shift around 5200 rpm. Spent all day on phone with Diablo, made sure tuner was up to date on downloads, then two different techs walked me through setting tire size,( Tape measure used to measure tires under weight 36 inches) and axel, still no change. Techs said issue had to be jeep or gear job not "THEIR TUNER". Transmission fluid looks good but going to change any way, verified gears are in fact 4.88.
Am I missing something?
First thought is to scrap Diablo and go with Procal or Flashpaq?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Recently changed my gears went from 4.56 to 4.88, and added lockers. I'm running 37's and no issues at all prior to gear change and addition of lockers. I have a Diablo Trinity, which I used to adjust axel ratio. First thru third no issues at all shifts normal. Fourth hangs up and shifts at 4100-4200 rpm, over really hangs up at shift around 5200 rpm. Spent all day on phone with Diablo, made sure tuner was up to date on downloads, then two different techs walked me through setting tire size,( Tape measure used to measure tires under weight 36 inches) and axel, still no change. Techs said issue had to be jeep or gear job not "THEIR TUNER". Transmission fluid looks good but going to change any way, verified gears are in fact 4.88.
Am I missing something?
First thought is to scrap Diablo and go with Procal or Flashpaq?

Well it would be interesting to see the results no doubt - I suppose you could try and buy one locally, tune things and if it works you have your answer. If it doesn't, reset the unit back so it's not locked and try to return it. You might check the return policy.

CharlieK

Picked up a Super Chips Flashcal today, I was able to adjust my axel/gear ratio jeep shifts properly now, then reinstalled the Diablo performance tune. All seems to be working properly now. I can tell you, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE OR RECOMMEND ANY DIABLO PRODUCTS AGAIN. You would think after spending 500 plus dollars, their customer service would be a little more responsive, instead of unbelievably arrogant. When I called them today to tell them, it was not a mechanical issue, due do being able to adjust it using the Super Chips, I was told oh well, if it's shifting with the Super Chips, what's the issue. WOW !!!

Top Bottom