86 CJ Radiator

FrankenJeeper

Just came out and worked fine, $50 obo. Currently located in North Dallas suburbs.

If you wanna sell stuff, there's plenty places to do so besides here. This is a community/family of jeep folk, not Craigslist.

If you care to introduce yourself and become part of the Way of Life, please do so before trying to sell stuff.

widnrf1j1

Aggressive, but probably fair. I am the second owner of my 86 CJ7 and I have been working on an engine replacement over the past few weeks. Along with a new long block which should be delivered tomorrow, I replaced the heater core and radiator so this original is sitting in my garage and I thought someone might like to have it for a restoration project.

Aggressive, but probably fair. I am the second owner of my 86 CJ7 and I have been working on an engine replacement over the past few weeks. Along with a new long block which should be delivered tomorrow, I replaced the heater core and radiator so this original is sitting in my garage and I thought someone might like to have it for a restoration project.

Here is the link to give us a wave http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

According to the forum rules http://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_onlytosell

[h=2]Can I be a member just to sell stuff?[/h]No. If your only purpose for being a member of WAYALIFE.com is to sell things, your privileges here will be revoked and your account suspended.

The WAYALIFE forum is a community of like minded individuals with a common goal and that is to share in the Jeep experience and what they have learned along the way.

R/
Will

widnrf1j1

Oh my, calm down. I own a Jeep and a set of tools. I don't have a salvage yard full of jeep parts to sell. I posted a radiator in the For Sale section so maybe you guys can cut me some slack. If you want new members to make a certain number of posts or provide a certain amount of information before selling something, change the programming that defines user permissions. If I ever start my own website, I will keep all of you in mind for the administrator position.

Aggressive? No, actually that was unusually subtle. So, let me explain it terms you might understand: You are clearly only here to sell, not to participate. You didn't read the rules you agreed to,( who does that?). Rather than acknowledging our subtle hints, you kept rambling on about what you have for sale.
We typically discourage newbies from selling until they've been here a while so we can get to know them a bit, you didn't even take the time to update your profile prior to posting a sale thread. See where I'm going with this?

widnrf1j1

Thank you for your warm welcome. I joined via Tapatalk where the profile editing options are either limited or hidden. I keep getting errors on the photo uploads so maybe you could provide some assistance since you seem to know everything and have plenty of passion about making sure I get plenty of attention. Despite my initial reaction, I logged in and updated my profile for your reading pleasure and I promise to start leaving ridiculous "me too" comments on every post I view in the future.

widnrf1j1

Or, you could read the title of posts and CHOOSE whether you reply or not based on your interest in the item mentioned.

Or, you could read the title of posts and CHOOSE whether you reply or not based on your interest in the item mentioned.

No, I really don't have much interest in what you're trying to sell or the clown selling it. However, I do have an interest in people that can read, understand and follow the rules they agreed to when they signed up to be here.

widnrf1j1

Clown? I looked at several posts before I took time to join. The posts on rebuilding a heater box were very helpful and I drooled all over some of the SEMA pics. Many of the threads are helpful if you sift through the countless repeated questions and inside jokes that do not add value to the thread. Who are you to judge anyway? I posted a jeep radiator for sale in the For Sale forum of a Jeep site. It won't fit your highly customized rig no matter how much you harass me or attempt to troll me into violating the actual rules of the forum. I do thank you for helping me generate a good amount of exposure for the post. I hope you have a great day and that the next 100 new members guess correctly and cautiously follow your unofficial code of conduct.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
When your very first post is in the for sale thread it makes it so that you are violating the rules of the forum and it appears your only purpose of joining is to sell your stuff. The Owner/Admin has said it before that he would rather not even have a for sale section because he wants to keep this as a community of people that will help one another and one of jeepers of all makes (xj,yj,zj,kj,etc) can come and help one another and be apart of the community. If you dont want to be apart of the community by participating in threads (not just saying "me too" as you put it earlier) then we would love to have you stick around and help, show off your pics, and join in on random banter. if you only want to sell your radiator or parts then im going to kindly ask you to leave and go someplace else.

widnrf1j1

With a warm welcome like this, how could I stand the thought of leaving? I feel like we have a real history and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on all of my future posts.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Why are you guys so combative?

If you go back and read my post I was not being combative but being polite. I was telling you why you got jumped and it was for good reason. If you don't like the rules then please just leave. If your just gonna stick around so you can troll your not going to be here long.

Top Bottom