Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkey's Tip of the Day

Sharkey's Tip of the Day

That’s scary! Was the guy not paying attention or what?? Hopefully they are okay

-just read: he was high centered and gave it gas... it broke free and hit a bystander then down in the crevice.
    Last edited by Jsouder53; 04-17-2019 at 04:15 AM.

If what I read is correct, he gassed it to free himself from being high centered. The same reports also say the bystander suffered a severe leg injury, possibly even a partial amputation. Only the people there know for sure. I imagine the actual facts will trickle down at some point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Oh man not good. It never hurts to be cautious. I hope everyone comes out of this ok.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I'm bumping this old thread of mine due to some extremely unfortunate recent events in Moab.

Tip of the Day:

There endeth the lesson.
    LR;DR

I'll I have to say is go hard or go home.

jk

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    LR;DR

I'll I have to say is go hard or go home.

jk
    Too soon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We are kidding ourselves to think life will return to “normal” in thirty, sixty, or even ninety days…and I am profoundly afraid of the precedent that has now been set. With each new directive, it appears that our leaders have chosen to sacrifice the future economic well being of our children to possibly save the lives of a very small percentage of the population. It is no less scary to me to see our society accept such a result without demanding the answers to very difficult questions.

Let me be clear, I understand that Covid-19 will likely kill thousands, perhaps millions, of people across the United States. But, how many people will be confined to a life of poverty and die over the next decade from a depression created by the present fear that some people will die?

Are you willing to destroy the economy and standard of living for 330 million people to save the lives of two people? What about to save the lives of two thousand people? What about the lives of 200,000 people? What about to save the lives of 2 million people? Does it matter if the lives we are talking about are already marginalized for some reason? I don’t know the answers to these questions, much less if there can even be “right” answers.

All I know is that I am unwilling to sacrifice my children’s futures in exchange for my own. How many parents out there routinely say that they would do ANYTHING for their kids, their grandkids, and their nieces and nephews? Then why does it feel like we are doing the opposite of the mantra that is so foundational to being a parent: the future of your children above ALL else…even your own life.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 03-20-2020 at 03:17 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

1000%

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Couldnt agree more my friend

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

We are kidding ourselves to think life will return to “normal” in thirty, sixty, or even ninety days…and I am profoundly afraid of the precedent that has now been set. With each new directive, it appears that our leaders have chosen to sacrifice the future economic well being of our children to possibly save the lives of a very small percentage of the population. It is no less scary to me to see our society accept such a result without demanding the answers to very difficult questions.

Let me be clear, I understand that Covid-19 will likely kill thousands, perhaps millions, of people across the United States. But, how many people will be confined to a life of poverty and die over the next decade from a depression created by the present fear that some people will die?

Are you willing to destroy the economy and standard of living for 330 million people to save the lives of two people? What about to save the lives of two thousand people? What about the lives of 200,000 people? What about to save the lives of 2 million people? Does it matter if the lives we are talking about are already marginalized for some reason? I don’t know the answers to these questions, much less if there can even be “right” answers.

All I know is that I am unwilling to sacrifice my children’s future in exchange for my own. How many parents out there routinely say that they would do ANYTHING for their kids, their grandkids, and their nieces and nephews? Then why does it feel like we are doing the opposite of the mantra that is so foundational to being a parent: the future of your children above ALL else…even your own life.
    What you've just said is an elementary Foundation to this great country of America. Preamble of the US Constitution :

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Last edited by WJCO; 03-20-2020 at 03:13 AM.
    "When the government fears the people, there is Liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar

All I know is that I am unwilling to sacrifice my children’s future in exchange for my own. How many parents out there routinely say that they would do ANYTHING for their kids, their grandkids, and their nieces and nephews? Then why does it feel like we are doing the opposite of the mantra that is so foundational to being a parent: the future of your children above ALL else…even your own life.
    Preach. Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast