Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s in your Pipe? (Tobacco that is..)

What’s in your Pipe? (Tobacco that is..)

I’m getting back into Pipe tobacco.. Picked up a Morgan Bones Pipe recently to get me going again... I enjoy cigars but they are so damn expensive here... And its so easy (and relaxing) to pack a quick bowl now and then.

I bought some old favorites, Captain Black - White & Royal. But I am looking for a good Vanilla if anyone has any recommendations.

IMG_0687.jpg

Nice thread. I was just smoking this weekend. I should have taken a pic. Most of the stuff I buy is from a couple of local shops that make their own blends. I haven't been disappointed yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is Liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Nice thread. I was just smoking this weekend. I should have taken a pic. Most of the stuff I buy is from a couple of local shops that make their own blends. I haven't been disappointed yet.
    What kind of blends? The local shops here (close to me) are kind of a rip off. I'm finding better deals online for cigars and pipe... The fucking Tax on Tobacco here is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    What kind of blends? The local shops here (close to me) are kind of a rip off. I'm finding better deals online for cigars and pipe... The fucking Tax on Tobacco here is brutal.
    Here's a list from their website but I don't think they do online sales. I like pretty much anything with cherry or Cavendish in it.

PIPE TOBACCO

1-Q “Mr. Cool”
    RLP-6 “Col. Mustard”
    HGL “Herman G. Lane”
    BCA “Black Cavendish Aromatic”
    BL/WB “Burley Light Without Bite”
    El Capitan’s Imperial Vanilla
    French Vanilla
    Vanilla Royal
    Chocolate Truffle
    Natural
    Optimum
    Nougat
    Black Kathy
    African Queen
    Voodoo Queen
    Luxury Bulls Eye Flake
    Crown Achievement
    Proper English
    Majestic English
    English Toffee
    Highland Whiskey
    Whiskey Cavendish
    Buttered Rum
    Sambuca
    Pina Colada
    Pineapple Express
    Fruit Tart
    Black Raspberry
    Black Cherry Cavendish
    Very Cherry
    Peaches & Cream
    Irish Cream
    Virginia Long Cut
    Burley & Black
    Drew Estate & Tsuge Tins
    Dunhill Tins
    "When the government fears the people, there is Liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Here's a list from their website but I don't think they do online sales. I like pretty much anything with cherry or Cavendish in it.

PIPE TOBACCO

1-Q “Mr. Cool”
    RLP-6 “Col. Mustard”
    HGL “Herman G. Lane”
    BCA “Black Cavendish Aromatic”
    BL/WB “Burley Light Without Bite”
    El Capitan’s Imperial Vanilla
    French Vanilla
    Vanilla Royal
    Chocolate Truffle
    Natural
    Optimum
    Nougat
    Black Kathy
    African Queen
    Voodoo Queen
    Luxury Bulls Eye Flake
    Crown Achievement
    Proper English
    Majestic English
    English Toffee
    Highland Whiskey
    Whiskey Cavendish
    Buttered Rum
    Sambuca
    Pina Colada
    Pineapple Express
    Fruit Tart
    Black Raspberry
    Black Cherry Cavendish
    Very Cherry
    Peaches & Cream
    Irish Cream
    Virginia Long Cut
    Burley & Black
    Drew Estate & Tsuge Tins
    Dunhill Tins
    That is a nice list there! I have never tried pipe tobacco, only cigars. I'm sure I would enjoy it considering how much I enjoy a good stogie
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    That is a nice list there! I have never tried pipe tobacco, only cigars. I'm sure I would enjoy it considering how much I enjoy a good stogie
    It's quite a bit different. Sweeter taste and smell than a cigar. If you want to try it, I would suggest going with a cheap pipe to see if you even like it or not (20-30 bucks), a pipe tool (1 buck), and Cherry or Irish Cream tobacco is pretty mild, IMO. And watch some YouTube videos or something to make sure it's packed right. If you pack it too loose, you can get tobacco in your mouth and if it's too tight, the airflow will be restricted.

It's quite a bit different. Sweeter taste and smell than a cigar. If you want to try it, I would suggest going with a cheap pipe to see if you even like it or not (20-30 bucks), a pipe tool (1 buck), and Cherry or Irish Cream tobacco is pretty mild, IMO. And watch some YouTube videos or something to make sure it's packed right. If you pack it too loose, you can get tobacco in your mouth and if it's too tight, the airflow will be restricted.
    Will do! The local cigar shop has a HUGE pipe tobacco section. I might go up there this weekend and see what it is all about.
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Here's some pics of my 'gear.'

The Vector is my go-to pipe. Got the Elk stand in Estes Park I think. Can't remember where I got the travel bag, but it's perfect. Small and compact and has a 2 pouches. One has a liner for tobacco.

DSC02780.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Will do! The local cigar shop has a HUGE pipe tobacco section. I might go up there this weekend and see what it is all about.
    If you like to fidget... you will like Pipes ... Vs. Cigars, I wouldn’t say one is better... both different, both cool.

Here's some pics of my 'gear.'

The Vector is my go-to pipe. Got the Elk stand in Estes Park I think. Can't remember where I got the travel bag, but it's perfect. Small and compact and has a 2 pouches. One has a liner for tobacco.

DSC02780.JPG
    That is cool!

I occasionally smoke mine but it’s always got Captain Black, in differing varieties, because it reminds me of my Dad, (RIP).

As a matter of fact, I think I’ll go have one in a bit. Thanks for the thread!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast