Rear shock reservoir mounting locations

KingCopperhead

I have a set of fox 2.0 resi shocks, I keep smacking the reservoirs on rocks and would like to relocate them from their current position (mounted on the shock body with hose clamps.) any suggestions as to where I could relocate them without having clearance issues?

KingCopperhead

There seems to be plenty of room up there, but what I'm worried about is where everything will go at full articulation. I need to get a good look under there next time I'm on a poser rock or RTI ramp.

It's not something I need to do immediately, but I don't want to trash these shocks while I'm learning how to pick good lines lol.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i think that if you mount it to the inside of the frame right by the shock mounting location you will be fine since the upper part of the shock doesnt move. plus being on the frame it will be out of the way from the axle and other stuff as well. im sure you would be fine right there. i will check on my jeep later as well.

KingCopperhead

i think that if you mount it to the inside of the frame right by the shock mounting location you will be fine since the upper part of the shock doesnt move. plus being on the frame it will be out of the way from the axle and other stuff as well. im sure you would be fine right there. i will check on my jeep later as well.

That's where I was thinking too. It's cold out right now lol I'll go out and snap a few pics later today

Doreion

Be sure to keep your exhaust in mind when you pick a location. It would be silly to heat the reservoir that your using to prevent shock fade.

KingCopperhead

Be sure to keep your exhaust in mind when you pick a location. It would be silly to heat the reservoir that your using to prevent shock fade.

Think I might just leave them be, it rained all day so I didn't get to look at them and check out a location. Up near the muffler or exhaust isn't an option though.

:cheesy: Me too.

I guess once we stop learning it's not fun anymore right? :D

Top Bottom