JkHP30 vs XJ Hp30

pvanweelden

The jk Dana 30 is the strongest 30 made so far. The carrier is bigger, you can go to 5.13 if you dare, unlike the xj 4.88.
The inner splines are 27,but the outer are 30, xj outer are 27 and I believe the jk axle shaft u joints are slightly bigger than the xj.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JohnnyX

I recently put a nice chunk of $$ into my 08 JK regeared both axels 513 ARB lockers n G2 chromoly axel shafts I get sum flack for puttin that kinda $ into the front D30 but so far so good the whole thing is totally after market except for the housing n I don't drive thru mud I rock crawl n trail wheel it's still in the break in period but in my opinion the thing feels solid in strong

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nyglt56

I recently put a nice chunk of $$ into my 08 JK regeared both axels 513 ARB lockers n G2 chromoly axel shafts I get sum flack for puttin that kinda $ into the front D30 but so far so good the whole thing is totally after market except for the housing n I don't drive thru mud I rock crawl n trail wheel it's still in the break in period but in my opinion the thing feels solid in strong

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not really questioning strength. I've ran a xjHP30 for a couple years on 37s no issues.

I'm trying to explain the differences between the xj30 and the jk30. As far as I know the carrier is a bit larger for more room for higher gearing, the axle is 5" wider. Ball joints are the same.

Is tube diameter different? Hubs the same strength? Axle spline counts?

Top Bottom