Rubicon Trip in May

t8er

So I'm currently looking at doing a trip to do the Rubicon Trail in May or June worst case scenario. By that point I will have had my jeep for a year. I'm waiting to find out if my Dad and Brother in Law think they can make the trip. If they can are there a couple of guys on here that wouldn't mind running it with me. I've never done it so having someone experienced would definitely help. Thank you in advance.

spicoli

I haven't done it before but wanted to do it this summer. I'm an experienced off-roader, but that early in the summer i will not have a winch yet. If you want company let me know.

From my understanding there are easier and harder sections you can do. Jeep takes stock vehicle through it without causing damage (the whole trail rated badge).

t8er

I definitely want to do some harder sections. I have a winch, bumpers, 35's and it's a JKUR so I can handle some of the crazier sections. Don't think I'd take every line if I were following Eddie or Mel. I'm not at that level.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Whether you will be able to run it that early will depend on how much snow we get in the Sierra's this winter.

t8er

I was hoping it would be clear by May for the most part. I'llhave to watch the snowfall then

spicoli

I definitely want to do some harder sections. I have a winch, bumpers, 35's and it's a JKUR so I can handle some of the crazier sections. Don't think I'd take every line if I were following Eddie or Mel. I'm not at that level.

I agree. I like to push myself, but I know there are sections I don't want to try. I haven't taken delivery of my new jeep yet but will have 35s, air compressor and recovery gear.

MarkW13

I'm planning a trip with two other guys around that time. Shooting for june. Rubicon, barrett lake, strawberry pass, part of deer valley, slick rock and corral hollow. 6 days. I'll let you know as planning progresses. May is probably a bit early, as previously stated it depends on the snow fall. I ran the rubicon last year in my yj. Hope the jkur is ready.

hbkid22

Shoot I will run it with 35s on a D30 and if it doesn't break great otherwise it will give me a reason to get a PR44. Only sorta kidding.

But really would be interested in this trip. Was thinking of EJS but would consider waiting for this trip instead.

t8er

Hbkid im also planning on doing ejs if time and $$$ allow. I'm probably going to camp and know a pretty sweet spot that should be open. I'll let you know. Mark definitely keep me informed and spicoli come out of you think it's ready.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

t8er

Also hbkid I have a buddy who runs 35's on his Dana 30. He's got 3.21 gears and a locker. Only thing he's done is sleeve and gusset the C's. He'll push it pretty hard but he does know at some point it's PR44 time

hbkid22

Also hbkid I have a buddy who runs 35's on his Dana 30. He's got 3.21 gears and a locker. Only thing he's done is sleeve and gusset the C's. He'll push it pretty hard but he does know at some point it's PR44 time

I still am running 3.21s but will get gussets by then if I have not upgraded. And if you run EJS you driving out?

May is definitely early for the Rubicon if we get a bad winter. There is bypasses on alot of it but can still be rough on all rigs. There is differently a big chance of body damage for everyone. When jeep takes other jeep models though the Rubicon they do not look the same when they get to the other side if they even make it. A lot of the trail rated badges come from moab not the Rubicon. Trust me the Rubicon is not an easy trail even to the most built rigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using WAYALIFE mobile app

hbkid22

May is definitely early for the Rubicon if we get a bad winter. There is bypasses on alot of it but can still be rough on all rigs. There is differently a big chance of body damage for everyone. When jeep takes other jeep models though the Rubicon they do not look the same when they get to the other side if they even make it. A lot of the trail rated badges come from moab not the Rubicon. Trust me the Rubicon is not an easy trail even to the most built rigs.

Good points but isn't one of the rules no whinning? We all have a jeep and if we expect to wheel it and take it on trails such as Rubicon shouldn't you expect damage? 😜

Good points but isn't one of the rules no whinning? We all have a jeep and if we expect to wheel it and take it on trails such as Rubicon shouldn't you expect damage? 😜

I've ran it with and without snow. and yes I don't care about damage and if your gonna play hard you will either break something or get damage. Comes with the fun.

t8er

I still am running 3.21s but will get gussets by then if I have not upgraded. And if you run EJS you driving out?

For EJS I'll drive out. It's only 5.5 hours for me.

hbkid22

For EJS I'll drive out. It's only 5.5 hours for me.

I should have said drive or trailer? But sounds like your driving anyways. Would be fun to get a group of from Colorado to drive out.

t8er

Look me up on facebook. I created an event there. Keith Smalley is my name.

Top Bottom