Front and rear yokes dana 44 rubicon

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'm having a heck of a time with installing a 1350 drive shaft from JE Reel on the rear. The new shaft is to long. I'm trying to be able to go on a run tomorrow so I'm going to install my factory rear driveshaft back in. I already sold my factory rear yoke and was wondering if anybody knows if the front pinion yoke is the same as the rear one because i still have my front one. Can anyone also tell me how tight I need to tighten the yolk on to the differential without replacing the crush sleeve. Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, they will not be the same and you cannot use a front pinion flange on the rear. In fact, they are totally different. Sorry.

How much lift do you have and are you sure what you have is too long?

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yeah as soon as I found it and looked at it I realized it wasn't going to work but I found an awesome driveline guy in town and told me to go get the shaft and he would cut it down tonight and shorten it for me so I think I'm in the good now. You gotta love the Jeep family and what people are willing to do for you

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah as soon as I found it and looked at it I realized it wasn't going to work but I found an awesome driveline guy in town and told me to go get the shaft and he would cut it down tonight and shorten it for me so I think I'm in the good now. You gotta love the Jeep family and what people are willing to do for you

Cool. Glad to hear you're getting taken care of but, are you sure that it's too short? What are you making this determination on? Are you trying to install the shaft with your axle hanging way low as in, you have your shocks, sway bar links and track bar off?

bkac

Caught the Bug
The Jeep is sitting at ride height and it will not go into the flange. I bought this shaft from a guy that had high clearance long arm evo kit and it was custom fitted for that. I believe his axle was pushed back about an inch. I'm running the Evo bolt on coilovers but factory length arms

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Jeep is sitting at ride height and it will not go into the flange. I bought this shaft from a guy that had high clearance long arm evo kit and it was custom fitted for that. I believe his axle was pushed back about an inch. I'm running the Evo bolt on coilovers but factory length arms

Ah, got it.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Does that make sense with the Evo high clearance long arm sit back farther

bkac

Caught the Bug
Now you got me wondering. Same here jeep steam lift same heights the coilovers are set to. Hum... Idk

I hope I didn't make a mistake .

bkac

Caught the Bug
The shaft is cut down balanced rewelded and ready to go back on the Jeep I couldn't be happier. Gotta love a small town good ol boy flavor

1416021588445.jpg

Sc741

That does no appear to be the correct mating flange and your u-joint doesn't appear to be installed correctly. Or is it just the photo.

Top Bottom