Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rollover Recovery 101

Knows a Thing or Two bigtrucker52's Avatar
    Now i know where to come to if this ever happens

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As you seem to have already guess, hooking up to the frame is always optimal. If you don't have sliders to hook up to, you can loop a tree saver around the frame rail and that'll work too. If needed, hooking up to the roll cage will work as well but I would try to keep the attachment close to the B-pillar. I know some will give me shit for having one but, I also carry a short heavy duty chain with a standard hook on one end and a grab hook on the other. This allows me more options and so long as you're doing a nice, slow recovery and NOT jerking the rig around, it'll get the job done safely.
    I just went back to your Recover Gear must have thread, Great read by the way, to take another look at the chain your talking about, with the ends on it that you stated. So I could understand more clearly what it looked like
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427216605.534248.jpg
    Is something you made up yourself or purchased? And how short is it 3'?I'm gonna throw one in my bag also, may just need it one day.

I'm assuming, this is the wrong way to use a tree as your stationary pulling point...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1039983006015285

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop315 View Post
    I'm assuming, this is the wrong way to use a tree as your stationary pulling point]
    That tree beat the shit out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As you seem to have already guess, hooking up to the frame is always optimal. If you don't have sliders to hook up to, you can loop a tree saver around the frame rail and that'll work too. If needed, hooking up to the roll cage will work as well but I would try to keep the attachment close to the B-pillar. I know some will give me shit for having one but, I also carry a short heavy duty chain with a standard hook on one end and a grab hook on the other. This allows me more options and so long as you're doing a nice, slow recovery and NOT jerking the rig around, it'll get the job done safely.
    actually having a chain in your recovery bag is a good idea...we used one in conjunction with a Pull Pal and a snatch block to pull a rather large rock that was part of a rock slide onto a narrow shelf road off the trail in order to continue...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234