1 inch body lift install lots of photos

Aldonoward3

We installed a 1" body lift on my buddies JKUR last night and found another great use for the high lift jack. He's already running a full Metalcloak 3.5 lift with 37s but wants to run 40s so here we are....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416346967.951716.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416346978.966838.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416346991.724489.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416347020.463642.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416347028.705909.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416347066.813904.jpg

pastorwug

A 1" body lift for his new 40s will just be a band-aid - there's tons of money he will need to spend if he does any off-roading at all.
I have 37s and the thought and expense of safely moving to 40s is monumental!

Good luck with your body lift!

David1tontj

A 1" body lift for his new 40s will just be a band-aid - there's tons of money he will need to spend if he does any off-roading at all.
I have 37s and the thought and expense of safely moving to 40s is monumental!

Good luck with your body lift!

Didn't you know- if they fit, then it must be ok!

I've heard of guys "wheeling hard" (hahaha) on their dana 30s and 40" tires.

That's why I can't figure out why my dana 60 front would break with same said 40s......maybe I'm not doing it right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't you know- if they fit, then it must be ok!

I've heard of guys "wheeling hard" (hahaha) on their dana 30s and 40" tires.

That's why I can't figure out why my dana 60 front would break with same said 40s......maybe I'm not doing it right?

To be clear, you have a much lighter TJ too.

David1tontj

To be clear, you have a much lighter TJ too.

Wait one second!....
You're telling me that if my light weight Tj can break a front 60 on 40" tires, then a heavy jk should be just fine with 40" tires on a dana 30 right?
I mean.... Everyone's doing it..
😬

Aldonoward3

Lol his axle has been reinforced and he's got a long list of mods already and RCV axle shafts on the way haha we don't have much rocky terrain around Mobile AL... Mostly mud, red clay hills, sandy beaches, lots and lots of rivers creeks and water crossings and some fun logging trails.

Like I stated above, this is a Rubicon... Just so you guys know.... Rubicon come standard with D44 front and rear. 😁

Happy wheeling OIIIIIIIO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol his axle has been reinforced and he's got a long list of mods already and RCV axle shafts on the way haha we don't have much rocky terrain around Mobile AL... Mostly mud, red clay hills, sandy beaches, lots and lots of rivers creeks and water crossings and some fun logging trails.

Like I stated above, this is a Rubicon... Just so you guys know.... Rubicon come standard with D44 front and rear. 

Happy wheeling OIIIIIIIO

I'm sure he'll be fine in your neck of the woods but to be clear, a Rubicon front axle is a Dana 44 in name only. While the diff is a 44, the tubes and end forgings are the same as the Dana 30. You can reinforce the housing all you want but really, a bent housing is the least of your concerns. RCV's will prevent you from having a u-joint failure for sure but, all that will do is move the break to the shaft itself and deep inside the housing or worse, at the ring and pinion.

Happy wheeling :yup:

NAUJK

What Eddie said. The front 44 on a Rubicon isn't a true 44. Don't believe us look at the tubes and then look at the tubes on a sport or an X and tell me they arnt the same... if I bent my tubes on 35s 40s dang good luck... even with reinforcing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom