2015 Hard Rock on it's way need help with lift option

Which lift will give me the best ride on the road

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thechrisjones

Was planning on buying the 3.5 inch AEV lift ($1,700 dollar one) with 35's. My mane goal is to keep this best ride possible which lead me to AEV. I just spoke to the dealer ship and he told me Mopar just came out with a new lift litterally 2 weeks ago that is 4 inches allows 35's. He claims it's top notch and replaces front drive shaft. It comes with fox shocks and its all covered under warrantee. The price of the life is $1,500... Does any one know about this "Brand New Lift"?? I will not be doing any rock crawling and this will be my every day driver... Again my goal is to make sure I life this rig the correct way! Please give me info and advice.

hasten3

Same Jeep

I just got my 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock two weeks ago and after using AEV 3.5" and 35's on my 2011 and 2012, I decide to try the AEV 2.5" ($959) and 35's on this one and I could not be happier. Drives great on the highway and very well mannered. Plenty of room for 35's.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
There are a lot better options out there for $1,500+. I'd look at EVO or Rancho. Don't let the salesman feed you any lines. Covered under warranty can be total BS. All it takes is for a certain component to fail a number of times and they'll flag your Jeep and blame that component failure on the lift and the Jeep being modified...or they'll just refuse to fix that part under warranty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Was planning on buying the 3.5 inch AEV lift ($1,700 dollar one) with 35's. My mane goal is to keep this best ride possible which lead me to AEV. I just spoke to the dealer ship and he told me Mopar just came out with a new lift litterally 2 weeks ago that is 4 inches allows 35's. He claims it's top notch and replaces front drive shaft. It comes with fox shocks and its all covered under warrantee. The price of the life is $1,500... Does any one know about this "Brand New Lift"?? I will not be doing any rock crawling and this will be my every day driver... Again my goal is to make sure I life this rig the correct way! Please give me info and advice.

3.5" is a lot of lift for just 35" tires. I run 40" tires on my JK with that, are you sure you really want to go that tall? As far as "best ride possible" goes, all I can say is that ride quality is 100% subjective and is it safe to assume that you've ridden in a bunch of Jeeps with different lift kits to do an apples to apples comparison OR, are you just going off of what your dealership is trying to sell you or worse, just going off of what you've read on the internet? Please don't get me wrong here, just trying to understand where you're coming from and if at all possible, save you some money while providing some perspective on things.

BadApple

I run the 3 inch plushrides with my 37s on a 2 door and i feel its a little high but plan to move up to 40s in the next year with an axle upgrade.

thechrisjones

I agree driving style is completely subject however there is a difference between it drives like shit vs it drives great. I've seen a Jeep 4 door JK with the AEV 3.5 inch and 35's which is exactly what i'm seeking. In the future I would like to put PS tube fenders and run 37's which is another reason I think 3.5 inch is best. But please guys I'm open too everything! I'm here to learn!

Side Note: I had a 2002 jeep tj and I put the super lift 4 inch suspension and a 1 inch body lift and can 35's (the cheap way). I never did the slip yoke eliminator, when I had to get on it the rear right wold squat down, my dash vibrated like hell and eventually my rear drive shaft broke driving to work one morning. These are the things I want to make sure don't happen to My new Hard Rock 4 door JK.

So if there are extra components need in addition to the lift to prevent these please share

thechrisjones

3.5" is a lot of lift for just 35" tires. I run 40" tires on my JK with that, are you sure you really want to go that tall? As far as "best ride possible" goes, all I can say is that ride quality is 100% subjective and is it safe to assume that you've ridden in a bunch of Jeeps with different lift kits to do an apples to apples comparison OR, are you just going off of what your dealership is trying to sell you or worse, just going off of what you've read on the internet? Please don't get me wrong here, just trying to understand where you're coming from and if at all possible, save you some money while providing some perspective on things.

I have a friend with the AEV lift and loves it... I'm the last person that will fall for a Jeep Dealer sales person spill on how there "new only 2 weeks on the market lift is the best out there" thats why i'm asking if y'all have heard about this "New Lift".

I have not driven in any JK 4 door lifted Jeeps. Only access I have would be my buddies who has the AEV lift. Otherwise just reading what the people on the forums say. Which can get wishy washy

samIam007

What will the jeep be used for? DD with occasional trail use? Full time toy? Or half and half? Do you plan to play in the rocks or stay on moderate trails? For my uses, the AEV 2.5 worked because I DD my rig with occasional trail running, 80%-20% or 90%-10%. If you plan to tackle harder trails with tons of crawling over crazy boulders then there are much better options out there that offer better articulation and clearance.

thechrisjones

What is your budget?

I don't really have one. I'm fortunate enough to have a great job but with being said I also have other hobbies that can get pricey. I was already willing to pay $1,700 on the AEV. I just don't want to waste money on a Long arm kit with coil overs etc.... This is not a rock crawler build. It's a damn that jeep looks bad ass build.

thechrisjones

What will the jeep be used for? DD with occasional trail use? Full time toy? Or half and half? Do you plan to play in the rocks or stay on moderate trails? For my uses, the AEV 2.5 worked because I DD my rig with occasional trail running, 80%-20% or 90%-10%. If you plan to tackle harder trails with tons of crawling over crazy boulders then there are much better options out there that offer better articulation and clearance.

This is my DD! I might and thats a BIG might take it the the super lift off road park in Little Rock once or twice a year and I would stick to the level 1 and 2 stuff.... Maybe a "easy" level 3. :)

thechrisjones

I just got my 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock two weeks ago and after using AEV 3.5" and 35's on my 2011 and 2012, I decide to try the AEV 2.5" ($959) and 35's on this one and I could not be happier. Drives great on the highway and very well mannered. Plenty of room for 35's.

Do you have any pictures?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
From what I've heard the EVO plush ride coils are the way to go from members here having experience with various lifts. I have a Rough Country lift and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. However I have upgraded to Rancho RS7000MT shocks and the ride has substantially improved.

thechrisjones

From what I've heard the EVO plush ride coils are the way to go from members here having experience with various lifts. I have a Rough Country lift and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. However I have upgraded to Rancho RS7000MT shocks and the ride has substantially improved.

Forgive me for my ignorance but are you saying if I went with the lets just say AEV lift I should buy the EVO plush ride coils to use instead of the coils AEV sends with it?

thechrisjones

I'm guessing the EVO drag link flip kit is a no brainer!! But what does the $600 dollar EVO spec 2.5 reservoir w/ front relocation upgrade main purpose?

Jackal01

I second the Enforcer however the Kings alone will put you over budget. Perhaps get the enforcer and Bilsteins or Ranchos

Top Bottom