Wave from Louisiana.

JACKSTAND

Hello from West Monroe, La. I found this site after I saw some of the videos on Youtube. I have a 2001 TJ that I bought in 2005. I discovered rock crawling through a friend from Dallas around 2008. I've been married for 21 years and have four daughters, so I didn't have much for a budget to build it up for the kind of trails I wanted to be on. I got lucky though and a TV show called Search and Restore picked it up and helped me out. The main trail system we run is Clayton, Ok.

This is the Jeep before and after.

IMG_0327.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Wow! Yes that is a nice transformation! How does Search and Restore work? What an awesome opportunity they have given you!

JACKSTAND

Thanks for the welcome y'all. This all started when I was watching Xtreme 4x4 one morning and saw a commercial saying that the Powerblock was going to help with some viewer rides. I decided that it can't hurt to try, so I got on the website and filled out the application for it. One part of the app. asked what I did for my community that would make me deserve a build. I almost left it blank, but then decided to put "I get my friends together during the summer and take special needs kids on ATV rides at a summer camp." The reason I almost left it blank was because I didn't feel it was that big of a deal. We get as much enjoyment out of it as the kids do, and I felt kind of guilty as if I was taking advantage of something that I really care about.
ge of something that I really care about.

Well a couple of months went by, and I had pretty much forgotten about it. Then one morning I noticed an unusual email. It was from a production manager at RTM
studios. She said that it was her second and final email. She then said that they wanted to know more about my story and they were getting ready to pick 4 vehicles to do for the show. I had to make a home video of myself and family along with a bigger app. and get to them within the week. It wasn't easy, but I finally got everybody to say a little something for the camera and sent it with a little video I made of the rides we do via UPS red. The next day I got a call at work from the studio. I WAS IN!!!:eek: A few weeks go by and Tim Strange and Ian Johnson knock on my door. After throwing a crawfish boil for them and the crew, they loaded my Jeep up and hauled it to Tennessee. It took one month for them to finish. It was an experience that me and my family will never forget.

017.jpg 018.jpg 033.jpg 034.jpg PowerBlock_Search&Restore_SR2011-12f.jpg

FoxC

Nice TJ brother...greetings from the desert!:standing wave:

Last edited:

rinkishjk

Welcome! I remember watching that episode on spike, and what u do with the kids is very kind. That's crazy your on here! Sweet jeep man!
Big wave from nj!

Tackerdown

Banned
Wow what a cool story,I wounder if there is something here in PA that I could do with jeep rides like that, i'll have to do some research . oh and sweet ride.

Top Bottom