Rancho 2" kit extra parts needed?

Wethy

hello all after posting a want ad in the wanted section for some rubi springs and shocks I've decided to go a different route because i remembered ill be coming into some money in a few weeks. I'm thinking about going with the rancho 2" sport kit and 285/70/17s and wheel spacers. I will end up with 35's probably next summer but I'm looking to replace the stock SR-A's for winter because with the little bit of snow we've had i feel they will be horrible when we have a lot of it kicking around, and I'm able to get a set of 33" duratracs at distributors cost (which I'll use as winter tires after I buy 35's). also this will allow me time to save for a new driveshaft for the 35's as well. i do have a few questions before the time to hit order comes. so my questions are;

here's the complete list of items id be purchasing
rancho 2" sport w/ 9000's
jks Swaybar disconnects
alloyUsa 1.5" wheel spacers
stock rear 59/60 springs
teraflex exhaust spacers

why doesnt the rancho kit come with new swaybar end links? (not a big deal as ill probably purchase a set of disconnects anyways, but i was just curious)

Since i have a 2dr sport would switching out the back coil for a set of 59/60's benefit me any? i ask because i have the 55's in the rear and if i can get a set of 59/60's as well as the spacer ill have less squat when towing and maybe leave some of the rake still in the vehicle so i don't get rubbing of the rear or the hood flutter i hear about.

since i would need wheel spacers for the tires, are alloy usa a good choice? in Canada they're about 30-40 bucks cheaper than the spidertrax ones but look identical.

and the last question. is there anything else that would be needed for this to work and not have any problems. and are the teraflex exhaust spacers a good choice? or is there a better exhaust spacer option?

Last edited:
The 2 door and 4 door come with different size spacers for the rear.
4 door .75 2 door 1.75, just keep that in mind.
Your front swaybar shouldn't be terrible but will be low. Disco's or longer rears (stock rears to front) ... Both a good idea.

The Rancho 2" kit is not designed for travel. If you look, the front 9000's are the shorter 26xl which are stock in length. Not enough droop that the driveshaft would hit the exhaust.

Last edited:

Drunic

The above is correct. I run this lift, don't need to drive shafts for it. I did get quick discos but ran stock fronts for a while. They were short but worked fine. I don't have 35s yet but there shouldn't be any issues, there's tons of room.

Wethy

The 2 door and 4 door come with different size spacers for the rear.
4 door .75 2 door 1.75, just keep that in mind.
Your front swaybar shouldn't be terrible but will be low. Disco's or longer rears (stock rears to front) ... Both a good idea.

The Rancho 2" kit is not designed for travel. If you look, the front 9000's are the shorter 26xl which are stock in length. Not enough droop that the driveshaft would hit the exhaust.

I do have a 2dr and thats kind of unfortunate seeing as i hoped the kit would provide more droop than stock! Im guessing the only way to circumvent that problem would be to get a longer travel shock? That seems a little counterproductive as id have to buy a new set of shocks while getting shocks with the kit wouldnt it? And yeah swaybar disconnects is the route id go

Wethy

The above is correct. I run this lift, don't need to drive shafts for it. I did get quick discos but ran stock fronts for a while. They were short but worked fine. I don't have 35s yet but there shouldn't be any issues, there's tons of room.

Thats good to hear. How is the kit offroad i noticed you have an unlimited. Did you notice an increase in performance compared to stock?

Drunic

Absolutely! I love it, with 35's in a few months I won't get hung up on break over angle and all will be good (on a 2 door, that wouldn't hurt you). The droop is fine, but not on stock 32's. The adjustable shocks really give a different cushion. My friend runs spacers only and stock shocks, I'm really glad I went with the rancho 2in sport for the next few years.

Wethy

Absolutely! I love it, with 35's in a few months I won't get hung up on break over angle and all will be good (on a 2 door, that wouldn't hurt you). The droop is fine, but not on stock 32's. The adjustable shocks really give a different cushion. My friend runs spacers only and stock shocks, I'm really glad I went with the rancho 2in sport for the next few years.

that's definitely a good thing to hear! then i dont think ill regret this purchase! i mean i wish there was a little more droop. but one can only expect so much and i mean with swaybar disco's i'll get some more droop regardless so im sure i'll be happy. and im glad to hear that your happy on-road and offroad. :beer:

Drunic

Oh one thing, clear coat the rancho 9000's tubes. The outsides rust really quick that I've seen. I put white lithium grease inside the adjustable dial piston as well to try to winter proof it. Much easier to do before you put them on then after!

Oh one thing, clear coat the rancho 9000's tubes. The outsides rust really quick that I've seen. I put white lithium grease inside the adjustable dial piston as well to try to winter proof it. Much easier to do before you put them on then after!

I use Fluid film, awesome product.

Wethy

Gonna bump my thread here instead of starting a new one. Where are you 2dr owners running the 9000s when your on the road, offroad and when towing? If there are any 2dr owners ha ha thanks in advance

Top Bottom