2012 JK-Experience Heartland Tour : Day 7 - Drummond Island

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Day 7 - Drummond Island
In addition to having an awesome off-road park like Turtle Ridge, Drummond Island hosts over 117 miles of trails that meander through boreal forests, across glacial rock deposits and stone ridges carved out by Lake Huron. It truly is one of the most beautiful places you will ever see and, we were happy to relax and explore it on our final day of the 2012 JK-Experience. Here are some highlight photos from tour around the island, I hope you enjoy.

Getting ready to head out for our last day of fun...
main.php

Time to tour the island...
main.php

main.php

It's hard to imagine but, there are spots along the way that I could swear felt like being along the Oregon coast... only, with fresh water...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Making our way out to the Marble Cliffs...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Taking in the view from the edge...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Gotta get a group shot...
main.php

Working our way back out...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Skipping rocks by the cool waters of Shale Beach...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Moving along and heading back into the muck...
main.php

main.php

main.php

And back into the canopy of green...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Working our way down some fun rocks...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Moving right along...
main.php

Look - there's a fork... and knife coming up in the road...
main.php

main.php

And just like that, we're back where we started from. The benefits of being on an island is that it's hard to get lost...
main.php

After getting cleaned up, it was time for the Survivors Dinner...
main.php

Such an elegant display for such a motely crew...
main.php

Good times with good friends...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

CHEERS!!
main.php

main.php

main.php

Dinner is served!!
main.php

Speach time...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Wrapping up the end of an amazing week by a beachside bonfire...
main.php

Good time indeed - until next year!!
main.php

I hope you all enjoyed following our adventures on the 2012 JK-Experience Heartland Tour. To see all the photos we took along the way, simply click on this links below:

Day 0 : The Journey Out
Day 1 : Check-In
Day 2 : Redbird Off Road Park
Day 3 : Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Day 4 : Jeep Plant Tour
Day 5/Part 1 : Silver Lake Sand Dunes
Day 5/Part 2 : Rocks & Valleys
Day 6 : Turtle Ridge Off Road Park

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to Off Road Evolution, Nitto Tire and all the sponsors of the 2012 JK-Experience for making all this possible. You guys rock :rock:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Eddie and Cindy,

Thanks for documenting and posting up the pictures of the trip! As always your photography and narrative capture the moment perfectly!

I, like a lot of other people, anxiously await the video. Hopefully with all the bad weather you were able to get some good footage. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie and Cindy,

Thanks for documenting and posting up the pictures of the trip! As always your photography and narrative capture the moment perfectly!

I, like a lot of other people, anxiously await the video. Hopefully with all the bad weather you were able to get some good footage. :thumb:

the crappy weather really made filming tough and prevented us from getting as much footage as we would have prefered for sure. it was very frustrating for us. i do think we got some good material though and hope it'll be enough to tell the story.

GCM 2

Thanks!

Eddie, Cindy & Andrew, you guys are the best! Thanks for taking up the incredibly demanding task of digitally capturing this event. We almost need a seperate crew to film "the making of" the JKX that would capture how much effort you guys put into getting all of this footage. When the jeepers are wheeling, you all are on foot walking, climbing, scrambling, and filming! I'm glad it's you getting the footage for us, thanks for all that you do :rock:

Blonda

Great pics...it was fun this week to re-live the event thanks to all the hard work you, Cindy and Andrew put in (and all the mud splashes you had to endure while taking some of the shots :D. I haven't even been able to go through all the pics I took to share...I can't even imagine how many pics you had to go through and much work it was for you guys. :rock:

Hightower

Eddie, Cindy & Andrew, you guys are the best! Thanks for taking up the incredibly demanding task of digitally capturing this event. We almost need a seperate crew to film "the making of" the JKX that would capture how much effort you guys put into getting all of this footage. When the jeepers are wheeling, you all are on foot walking, climbing, scrambling, and filming! I'm glad it's you getting the footage for us, thanks for all that you do :rock:

Perfectly said brother the only thing I would add is while your doing all that you are all so helping other Jeepers on the trail whether that is a word of encouragement, advice on a line or under a broken rig. :clap2::clap2::clap2::thumb::thumb::beer::beer:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting the excellent daily photo essays so quickly. Well played!! I was kinda hoping for a Day 7 farewell karaoke though.:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, you all are really too kind. In so many ways, we're just glad to have had the opportunity to be a part of this even and if for no other reason than to spend some quality time on the trail with all of you. :yup:

Top Bottom