Bent King Shock Shaft

Yeep

So I sent one of my front King 2.5's back to them to get repaired after I found it stuck.

It wouldn't move and they called and said the shaft was bent. It's getting repaired and I should get it back next week.

What are some reasons that would cause this? The lift/shock only had a couple hundred road miles on it and One light off road trip that I didn't do anything crazy on....

I'm just trying to avoid this in the future.....

Lift is a 4" EVO enforcer with 3"-5" shocks

pastorwug

So I sent one of my front King 2.5's back to them to get repaired after I found it stuck.

It wouldn't move and they called and said the shaft was bent. It's getting repaired and I should get it back next week.

What are some reasons that would cause this? The lift/shock only had a couple hundred road miles on it and One light off road trip that I didn't do anything crazy on....

WOW, that's my lift and my shocks as well - the 2.5" RES shocks - how could they bend? I'll be interested in what King says.

JAGS

Hooked
This happened to MTG as well after a year or two of hard wheeling. Maybe he can provide insight.

I do know EVO/ORE has some new front relocation brackets for the enforcer. Not sure if that is relevant here.

jeepguy2014

I know my thread count shows I'm a noob here but I've installed a few Evo bolt on coil over lifts at my shop and 1/2 been down on nitrogen.
I informed King and I been just checking psi levels

Yeep

I know my thread count shows I'm a noob here but I've installed a few Evo bolt on coil over lifts at my shop and 1/2 been down on nitrogen.
I informed King and I been just checking psi levels

A guy I know that used to work for King said something about it being possible low on nitrogen too...

I didn't check the shock before I sent it back..... But when I did talk to them, they said the recommended psi that they send them out at is 70psi.

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks jeep guy, but probably should have left out "at my shop." Members can't promote related businesses without being a sponsor.

jeepguy2014

Thanks jeep guy, but probably should have left out "at my shop." Members can't promote related businesses without being a sponsor.

Ok so I was trying to say my garage at home which is my shop. I don't wrench professionally anymore just for fun at meet and greets.

Last edited:

jeepguy2014

A guy I know that used to work for King said something about it being possible low on nitrogen too...

I didn't check the shock before I sent it back..... But when I did talk to them, they said the recommended psi that they send them out at is 70psi.

Yeah if your running armor or carry a lot of gear King informed me to run more than 70. Actually a 250/250 spring on some 4 doors fully equipped with gear and 37's spares

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I'm gonna guess it was your front passenger shock?

I would suggest you look into lower shock relocation brackets. When you run more lift the axle swipes more pushing the shock into the frame and causing it to bend. The brackets will push the axle side of the shock out towards the wheel helping to lessen the chances of it bending again.

jeeeep

Hooked
glad I found this post, how do you measure the shock pressure? just a high pressure Schrader gauge?

Also noticed while cycling my front axle the shock moves very close to the frame rail when getting close to full droop, I wish I had a lift to raise one side higher, guess relocation brackets are on the list

Yeep

I would suggest you look into lower shock relocation brackets. When you run more lift the axle swipes more pushing the shock into the frame and causing it to bend. The brackets will push the axle side of the shock out towards the wheel helping to lessen the chances of it bending again.

Thanks for the info.... I saw that the enforcer kits now list including a shock relocation bracket for the 2.5's... Is this the bracket you are talking about? My kit didn't come with them..

And it was my front drivers side... But I guess I should now take out my passenger one and check it too..

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks for the info.... I saw that the enforcer kits now list including a shock relocation bracket for the 2.5's... Is this the bracket you are talking about? My kit didn't come with them..

And it was my front drivers side... But I guess I should now take out my passenger one and check it too..

You can order just the brackets now. That's what I did, just haven't installed yet. They are listed in the new products section on OREs site.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Yes those are exactly what I'm talking about. They are brand new brackets so that's why yours didn't come with them. I believe metal cloak and one other company make them other than evo now.

Mdrnizd

Do you still need to do the shock relocation if you're running a ProRock 44? I thought I had read somewhere that they've altered the lower shock mounts.

pastorwug

Just purchased my:
EVO Mfg. JK Front Shock Relocation Kit - $70 and powdercoated already - bolt on installation.

So - hopefully this won't happen to me.
Next time I'm at ORE I'll have Drew check my shocks pressure.

Glad this topic came up. :clap2:

Top Bottom