Thread: Black Friday Jeepin'

Fresh Catch

Black Friday Jeepin'

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday, my husband and I took our Rubicon to Uwharrie (in NC) for the first time. We went with two other couples. Not even a few miles into the trail we had to start walking out our lines and helping each other with the best route (no one wanted to mess anything up). We lead the way and made it down small part of Rocky Mountain Loop. The next jeep made it down. When it was the final jeeps turn, he went to turn around to get into position and BOOM! He ran into a big rock and ripped his oil pan. To make a long story short, my husband I took his wife to the closet auto part store in the next town to get JB weld, Steel Stick, oil and everything else to patch it. Luckily we were not far from a cut out road. We were able to get it patched literally long enough to get back to the outpost then oil poured out again. We waited with them until the wrecker picked up their jeep and then took them the two hours back home. The guy said that while he was waiting on the trail that EVERY PERSON stopped to ask if they could help. Jeep people are a different breed, they are willing to stop what they are doing to help someone on the trail, its just what it is, its the wayalife

looking forward to heading back to the trails and camping when they open back up in the spring, if anyone is out in the NC area and wanting to ride let us know

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by MerbethElliott427 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Yesterday, my husband and I took our Rubicon to Uwharrie (in NC) for the first time. We went with two other couples. Not even a few miles into the trail we had to start walking out our lines and helping each other with the best route (no one wanted to mess anything up). We lead the way and made it down small part of Rocky Mountain Loop. The next jeep made it down. When it was the final jeeps turn, he went to turn around to get into position and BOOM! He ran into a big rock and ripped his oil pan. To make a long story short, my husband I took his wife to the closet auto part store in the next town to get JB weld, Steel Stick, oil and everything else to patch it. Luckily we were not far from a cut out road. We were able to get it patched literally long enough to get back to the outpost then oil poured out again. We waited with them until the wrecker picked up their jeep and then took them the two hours back home. The guy said that while he was waiting on the trail that EVERY PERSON stopped to ask if they could help. Jeep people are a different breed, they are willing to stop what they are doing to help someone on the trail, its just what it is, its the wayalife

looking forward to heading back to the trails and camping when they open back up in the spring, if anyone is out in the NC area and wanting to ride let us know
    Glad all went as well as possible on the repair! Now might be a good time to check out Northridge's Black Friday deal on the Evo Protek skids for you and them.

That's a good way to spend Black Friday. My family always wants to go shopping...
    I'm glad you all made it down safely!Aso, after the first few scratches it doesn't hurt as bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man that had to suck! But I live in the Winston-Salem area, I would always be down to go with you guys!