Skid Plates

What and which skid plates do y'all recommend? We have a 2015 Rubicon so I know it already comes
With some stock but wanted to know what else would berecommended by y'all to be covered

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
no need to replace your stock skids, I don't know what the '15 is missing but I thought they were pretty well covered underneath, get the skids you need for non-protected areas but save your money for other upgrades. :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
no need to replace your stock skids, I don't know what the '15 is missing but I thought they were pretty well covered underneath, get the skids you need for non-protected areas but save your money for other upgrades. :thumb:

Negative. Stock skids are indeed great, and no one recommends you replace them. EVO skids cover things not covered by any OEM skids, especially the oil pan and the transmission line. EVO all the way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, I personally would recommend the EVO protek skids as they protect just what you need and without adding all kinds of extra weight, robbing you of ground clearance or making it more difficult for you to service your Jeep. If you have a manual, all you need is the oil pan skid. If you have an automatic, I would get the whole setup as it will come with transmission sump pan protection as well as protection for the exposed cooler lines.

pastorwug

EVO's skids saved my big bacon this year on the Rubicon, I didn't really realize it until I got home and looked under the Jeep.
One more vote for the Protec system!

chipper

I thought I read somewhere on here that you CAN'T run Protek skid system with a exhaust spacer kit, is this correct?

Top Bottom