Amateur Engine Rebuild

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Amateur engine rebuild on a Triumph Spitfire engine, I think. Amateur photo work as well. I wish it was this easy.

jeeeep

Hooked
I used to have a Austin-Healy Sprite and the rebuild was pretty easy. Fun as hell little car, except in the winter. I always feared getting run over by a semi and not being found until the frozen slush semi's collect thawed out :beer:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I used to have a Austin-Healy Sprite and the rebuild was pretty easy. Fun as hell little car, except in the winter. I always feared getting run over by a semi and not being found until the frozen slush semi's collect thawed out :beer:

Frogeye? I always wanted to restore one for the wife! Love em.

jeeeep

Hooked
doesn't take much HP to make them feel like you're driving a beast lol

All the ones I've found in the states are overpriced for the shape they're in I keep hoping the prices will drop.

When I found the Frogeye I paid $500 because the owner could never get the clutch/ brakes to work properly and his wife was tired of spending anymore money on it. I found out the reservoirs used natural rubber seals and required a specific fluid that wouldn't eat the natural rubber, a few hours later I was driving out of the storage yard what a great find it was. The 70's were so much fun being able to buy cheap imports, now a POS gets top dollar and they're usually in pieces and all rusted up!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
doesn't take much HP to make them feel like you're driving a beast lol

All the ones I've found in the states are overpriced for the shape they're in I keep hoping the prices will drop.

When I found the Frogeye I paid $500 because the owner could never get the clutch/ brakes to work properly and his wife was tired of spending anymore money on it. I found out the reservoirs used natural rubber seals and required a specific fluid that wouldn't eat the natural rubber, a few hours later I was driving out of the storage yard what a great find it was. The 70's were so much fun being able to buy cheap imports, now a POS gets top dollar and they're usually in pieces and all rusted up!

Yup. You are looking at 30K or so for a frame off resto, and that's from the UK...so add import fees and shipping. One day....that and a Jag XK120E

Top Bottom