Thread: Wave from Washington State

Welcome to Wayalife neighbor

Knows a Thing or Two Shadow's_Jeep's Avatar
    Welcome to Wayalife.
    Jeepers Creepers - 09 JK Unlimited X Flame Red
    Rough Country 2.5" Coil Lift kit.
    Meeko- 19 JL Sport Bikini Pearl

Knows a Thing or Two Oregonjeeper's Avatar
    Welcome To WAL from Southern Oregon (Klamath falls)
    2005 Rubicon Tj 4.0, Rubicon expess 4.5 long arm lift, 35/12.5/r15 Bgf AT,warn Zeon 10-S,Custom Front and Rear Bumper By Ambush,Banks,Monster Banks Exhaust,5:13 Gears

Member Of the Four Runners of Klamath Falls

Knows a Thing or Two sean112280's Avatar
    Welcome to WAL from JBLM!

Got the Rubi wheels and tires, such an improvement from the base model!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417912238.379752.jpg

Howdy from lower GA. I have't been to Wa yet, or Oregon, or ....
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

18 JLUR -white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

Are those the mud terrain KMs? They look a little off in the photo.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

18 JLUR -white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

Yup, big improvement. Looks great!!!
    2013 Jeep with some stuff on it

Welcome to Wayalife
    David (dcbjk)

Life is simple only thing that makes it complicated is human being (dcbjk)
    Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get (forest gump)
    There are no shortcuts to a place worth going
    LIFE IS SIMPLE, ITS JUST NOT EASY

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Cooper STT pros 33s or 35s
    -EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger
    -Too MUCH

Hey all! I wanted to kind of make a “re-wave” as some things have changed for me. I haven’t posted much as I was pretty frustrated with my 15 sport jku. Within a month of owning it, the s-belt blew apart under the hood on the freeway going 70. Talk about an eye opener. The jeep almost immediately over heated, I of course lost power steering, and the belt did quite a bit of damage to various things in the front of the motor. We had it towed and the dealership fixed the issue, which was a failed tensioner. Of course those never fail right, and this was the first time they have heard of anything like this before...

The problem was that the dealer didn’t fix the other issues. I had bent pulleys that were squeaking as I drove and the power steering would lose some power going up hills making it harder to steer.
    I had to take it back three different times to get them to finally fix the issues.

After about a year, going up a small incline, under 40 mph, I crested the hill and let off the gas. The transmission went to up-shift and we heard a huge clunk. Dash lights lit up, and another tow to the dealer. The transmission failed going 40. They had to rebuild the whole thing, which of course again, was crazy because these are bulletproof right.

Just as my 3 year warranty expired, I noticed the good ol’ maple syrup smell coming from the front of the engine. Yup, the radiator had a leak. First, thanks to you guys for the write up on which coolant is actually the one to use, because I had to top off every few weeks to avoid over heating and also thanks to you guys for writing about the connections to the radiator failing. When I finally was able to take it to a shop they couldn’t find the leak until I asked them to check the spots that were the usual suspects. A few thousand dollars later and a new radiator and I was just done with that jeep.

We sold it to a dealership for a pretty good price at the start of summer, which meant I didn’t really need a car just yet! My wife and I talked all summer, and I almost bought a ford focus because I was just done with the whole thing. Luckily she is the smart one of the family and talked me out of it, telling me to be patient. She was correct. We started looking again and came across an ‘18 jku rubicon and we were able to talk them down quite a bit. Tacoma Jeep did us a solid on the price, and I can say that after all the bs of the sport, I am really happy with what we picked up. I wish we would have grabbed the rubicon the first time around! I’ve had it for going on three weeks now and I am so glad I’m not stuffing my ass into a focus right now.

Here are a few picks of the new jeep. Got some stickers on it tonight!

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4846.JPG

The jk with the jk might be a little redundant, but I like it anyways!

I hope to be posting more as I begin this build and like everyone says I have a much better idea of what I want to do and what works the best!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast