Wave from Washington State

weller12

Hey guys, giving a wave from Snoqualmie WA. Just picked up a 2015 JKU Sport, base model, so I have a ton of work to do! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions, so thank you for a great place to chat it up and learn. My wife and I are both teachers, so the build may be a bit...slow!
jeep.jpg

Welcome to the WAYALIFE.

The best part about a slow build is you can do a lot of research to find exactly what you want. One mod I have seen people do is to purchase Rubicon take off wheels which are a mud terrain tire and slightly taller wheel than the stock ones.

As for lifts I recommend finding some local Jeepers with different lifts and take a ride to see what you like as opposed to what others will recommend. Ride is 100% subjective. For me I like a soft ride both on and off road that is why I went with the 3 in EVO Plush Ride Coils and paired them with Rancho RS9000 XL adjustable shocks. I know several on the forum who have done this.

Again welcome and look forward to seeing you and your Jeep progress.

Might I also recommend the following section of the forum http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-Jeep-JK-Wrangler this will answer a lot of your questions.

R/
Will

xkid

Welcome to the club. Teachers are important.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

weller12

Thanks guys! Will, we got a great deal on my trade in, so the wife let me buy used Rubi wheels with the extra allotted cash. They should be here Monday! They said only 50 miles on the tires, but we will see I guess.

I couldn't have picked a better time, as the first day I had the jeep, it snowed. Much better than the "grocery getter" I had before!

weller12

Hey all! I wanted to kind of make a “re-wave” as some things have changed for me. I haven’t posted much as I was pretty frustrated with my 15 sport jku. Within a month of owning it, the s-belt blew apart under the hood on the freeway going 70. Talk about an eye opener. The jeep almost immediately over heated, I of course lost power steering, and the belt did quite a bit of damage to various things in the front of the motor. We had it towed and the dealership fixed the issue, which was a failed tensioner. Of course those never fail right, and this was the first time they have heard of anything like this before...

The problem was that the dealer didn’t fix the other issues. I had bent pulleys that were squeaking as I drove and the power steering would lose some power going up hills making it harder to steer.
I had to take it back three different times to get them to finally fix the issues.

After about a year, going up a small incline, under 40 mph, I crested the hill and let off the gas. The transmission went to up-shift and we heard a huge clunk. Dash lights lit up, and another tow to the dealer. The transmission failed going 40. They had to rebuild the whole thing, which of course again, was crazy because these are bulletproof right.

Just as my 3 year warranty expired, I noticed the good ol’ maple syrup smell coming from the front of the engine. Yup, the radiator had a leak. First, thanks to you guys for the write up on which coolant is actually the one to use, because I had to top off every few weeks to avoid over heating and also thanks to you guys for writing about the connections to the radiator failing. When I finally was able to take it to a shop they couldn’t find the leak until I asked them to check the spots that were the usual suspects. A few thousand dollars later and a new radiator and I was just done with that jeep.

We sold it to a dealership for a pretty good price at the start of summer, which meant I didn’t really need a car just yet! My wife and I talked all summer, and I almost bought a ford focus because I was just done with the whole thing. Luckily she is the smart one of the family and talked me out of it, telling me to be patient. She was correct. We started looking again and came across an ‘18 jku rubicon and we were able to talk them down quite a bit. Tacoma Jeep did us a solid on the price, and I can say that after all the bs of the sport, I am really happy with what we picked up. I wish we would have grabbed the rubicon the first time around! I’ve had it for going on three weeks now and I am so glad I’m not stuffing my ass into a focus right now.

Here are a few picks of the new jeep. Got some stickers on it tonight!

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4846.JPG

The jk with the jk might be a little redundant, but I like it anyways!

I hope to be posting more as I begin this build and like everyone says I have a much better idea of what I want to do and what works the best!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom