Has anyone actually seen one of these?

Knuckles76

Came across this on the web and was wondering if anyone has seen one. I think for the year of it they were thinking on the right track but can think of many problems it could cause.

Attachments

• 1417991482435.jpg
    1417991482435.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 337

Armydog

Seen something like this on a YouTube video from Aussie wheelers..... Maybe a few of our outback members could comment on the product.

Knuckles76

I can't find a date anywhere on the flyer but would imagine it's been awhile since anyone has used or seen them.

Mitrig

I've actually got to see one of these in action. Not as old as everyone may think. My buddy has a fj series 80 with the extended wheel lugs. I'll see if I can get any pictures off him to post. He does have 2, when I saw it in action out west his uncle had just shipped him one as a gift. It really didn't work as well as we had hoped since his front locker was out of commission. Power kept transferring to his driver side tire since there obviously was less tension. It's cool if you get in a jam. I see the purpose behind it but I don think it should replace a winch but rather be used in the case a winch fails. That was the only reason my buddy kept it as a part of his recovery kit (worst case scenario)

Knuckles76

Thats interesting I would like to by one as a conversation piece only, but would like to see pictures if you are able.

LeighP

First time I've ever seen one of these....I can tell you they aren't a common sight here in Australia......I like the ground anchor, though.
I've no idea how well these wheel winches would work....but they're also PCD dependent, so you can't buy one and expect it to work on any other vehicles except those with the same wheel pattern as yours.

Certainly an interesting idea......these things would probably be great for a 2WD ute (pickup) where maybe you just need that little bit of help when you're stuck in something soft, and you don't have anyone to help push.

Knuckles76

I could maybe see it as a 2wd vehicle could get themselves out of lets say a snow drift but not sure if would be good for off road recovery.

Top Bottom