Pro rock 60

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here ya go!! The rear is a ProRock 60 and the front is a 44/60 Hybrid...

main.php

more shots can be found here - you'll have to go to the later pages to see them:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...dgeon-s-Revenge-2-Door-Build-Project!!/page15

GCM 2

That's pretty sweet ! What's the 44/60 hybrid tho ?

It's a ProRock 44 differential housing and axle tubes with ProRock 60 inner and outer steering knuckles (or "C"s) which allows you to run the manual locking hubs. It's great because when the hubs are not locked the front axle drivetrain is not turning while while the jeep is moving in 2wd.

Edit: Eddie beat me to it! :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's a ProRock 44 differential housing and axle tubes with ProRock 60 inner and outer steering knuckles (or "C"s) which allows you to run the manual locking hubs. It's great because when the hubs are not locked the front axle drivetrain is not turning while while the jeep is moving in 2wd.

Edit: Eddie beat me to it! :)

LOL!! yeah, maybe but, you were a lot more thorough :D

Is it as wide as a 60?

the one we got on vengeance is but, i'm not sure if that's standard.

rcastell69

Question is that Lighter than a 60 ? why did they go with that instead of 60 in front and 60 in the rear do you know? I just purchased a 60 for the rear and I am debating to see what I do in the front ?
Maybe this can help me make a Decision.

GCM 2

Question is that Lighter than a 60 ? why did they go with that instead of 60 in front and 60 in the rear do you know? I just purchased a 60 for the rear and I am debating to see what I do in the front ?

If its lighter, it can't be by much. The PR44 does use a little bit smaller thickness axle tubes, and the diff housing is smaller as well as the over all length of the entire set up is shorter. The reason people purchase it is for the obvious strength increase over stock, but you also retain all the stock internals if you so choose and the axle width remains the same (on a complete PR44, not the hybrid)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Looks like Greg beat me this time around. I would however add that a big advantage to going with a pr44/60 hybrid is clearance. As you can imagine, you'd get a ton at the base but you also get a lot more up travel clearance as well. :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
rcastell69 said:

The price difference between the two is not very much if that helps..

GCM 2

Same here, if I have a clearance issue, I'll pick a different line or throttle it. :)

With my ProRock 60, any clearance issues that I had were solved by running 40"s......and I still try to pick a good line ;) With my 3.8L, there really is not much throttle to get into!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
GCM 2 said:
With my ProRock 60, any clearance issues that I had were solved by running 40"s......and I still try to pick a good line ;) With my 3.8L, there really is not much throttle to get into!

Yep, run 40's will help! Luckily my 3.6 has the motor to throttle it iut

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
oh, i'm totally with you guys on a going with a prorock 60. however, when talking about clearance, going the route of a 44/60 hybrid was done more for up-travel clearance than anything. sitting as low as it is, a 60 center section (being dimensionally as big as it is) would hit the oil pan and cross member. even stretched it was having issues clearing things especially with the amount of up-travel mel was wanting to get. by going with a much smaller 44 differential, a lot of up-travel clearance issues were solved. still, i personally would just prefer to run a 4-door, just a bit taller and keep all the benefits of a prorock 60 :yup:

Top Bottom