EVO ENFORCER Kit

JKVADER

So I have been thinking and If all goes well ill get the EVO ENFORCER Kit next month . But have a question....I have never installed a lift kit before but want to do it myself. Is it that hard to install this kit or any kit?
I was wondering also if anyone had the directions to see what I'm getting myself into. Thanks!

chipper

So I have been thinking and If all goes well ill get the EVO ENFORCER Kit next month . But have a question....I have never installed a lift kit before but want to do it myself. Is it that hard to install this kit or any kit?
I was wondering also if anyone had the directions to see what I'm getting myself into. Thanks!

I'll be installing the Enforcer kit this weekend, first time ever doing one. Looks fairly simple. Read all the write ups on installs, and watch some youtube vids on lift kit installs. I'll let you know how it turns out. As far as the directions, just email Evo, they will email them to you, thats what I did. They also have a printed copy that comes with the kit.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The install should be very similar to the old 4" Teraflex install that Wayalife has available for us. Go to projectjk.com and check it out.

JKVADER

Great! I'll email them tonight so I can see it tomorrow. Thanks
for the help guys! And yeah let me know how yours goes.

StrizzyChris

It's not a super difficult install, even for a newb. It will be the best thing for you to actually do the install yourself. It will help familiarize you with your Jeep and how to perform repairs on the trail if needed.

I will say that it is always best to allow for multiple days to complete an install so that you are not rushed. Also have a backup vehicle in case you hit any hiccups and need to wait for a replacement part to come in. Also be sure to always verify that all the parts are there before you start to install.

JKVADER

I work in ems so we work 3 one week and 4 the other so I'll do it a week that I have 4 days off. I doubt it will take that long to do but just in case . I've read a few right ups on other lifts and watched about every YouTube video on it for jks. The other thing was I hope they have a tool list so I can pick up everything I need. And yeah I wanted to do it myself to see how things work and for the fun of it Of course!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I work in ems so we work 3 one week and 4 the other so I'll do it a week that I have 4 days off. I doubt it will take that long to do but just in case . I've read a few right ups on other lifts and watched about every YouTube video on it for jks. The other thing was I hope they have a tool list so I can pick up everything I need. And yeah I wanted to do it myself to see how things work and for the fun of it Of course!

as i mentioned before check out this install as it will be somewhat similar. it has a tools list on the lefthand side.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...rangler-4-flex-arm-lift-installation-write-up

Ok here are a basics that you will need.

Heavy duty jack stands
Hydraulic floor jack
10-150 foot pound torque wrench (I picked mine up from Harbor freight $20.00)
1/2 inch drive metric sockets (do not go cheap on tools)
metric wrenches (do not go cheap on tools)
Brake Fluid
small grease gun to grease the joints

When you get to the point of removing your coils I recommend removing the brake retaining clip behind the lower shock mount. By removing this you will allow for you to flex your axle to get your springs out and in.

As previous stated post up questions and we will be here to assist.

R/
Will

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Not trying to hijack so sorry to the OP. Does anybody have pics of the lift installed on their rig with their shock choice?

JKVADER

Yeah I ask for some tools for Christmas like the jack stands and floor jack. I just got the email from EVO to so ill have to read it and she what we use. Thanks guys:clap2::thumb:

Yeah I ask for some tools for Christmas like the jack stands and floor jack. I just got the email from EVO to so ill have to read it and she what we use. Thanks guys:clap2::thumb:

Ask as many questions as the come up. Also on the instructions print them out and make notes in pencil on questions so you do not forget.

JKVADER

Already have one question just read the instructions. and it has 37. Weld on rear trackbar bracket to axle where ever possible, see photo
I don't know how to weld I know I suck lol. but is this mandatory?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Already have one question just read the instructions. and it has 37. Weld on rear trackbar bracket to axle where ever possible, see photo
I don't know how to weld I know I suck lol. but is this mandatory?

it is not mandatory but it is recommended. it should have all the bolts so it bolts right up. you can have it welded on later down the road if you feel the need to.

edit - http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-REAR-RCC&cat=25
EVO Rear Roll Center Correction (RCC) Trackbar Bracket
Notes:
• Some cutting/grinding is required for complete installation
• Welding bracket to axle after installation is recommended

rodgerdathug

It's not a super difficult install, even for a newb. It will be the best thing for you to actually do the install yourself. It will help familiarize you with your Jeep and how to perform repairs on the trail if needed.

I will say that it is always best to allow for multiple days to complete an install so that you are not rushed. Also have a backup vehicle in case you hit any hiccups and need to wait for a replacement part to come in. Also be sure to always verify that all the parts are there before you start to install.

I agree 1000% on verifying that all parts are there. Or make sure all parts and part number match up before throwing the old parts. I had a soldier who was lifting his jimmy and he had it on post at the center post lift with all wheels off and old parts all over the place. Well come to find out they sent him wrong spring and shocks.

chipper

Just called Northridge and ordered it! WOOHOO!:rock:

Sweet !!! I've been installing mine today, got the rear done and went and got the tires. I'll be doing the front tomorrow. It's gone great so far for a driveway install.
BTW. Make sure you get everything in your kit. Mine was missing a brake line kit. Supposed to be 2. Call northridge and they overnighted me the other brake line kit. Also missing hardware to connect rear swaybars. But same thing. Those will be overnighted too, but I couldn't wait... Ran to the hardware store. :) Their customer service is awesome.

JKVADER

Ill have to check the parts list when i get it. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah ill have to wait 2 weeks to install it I've put together a few Lego sets before so if it's anything like that I should be fine haha.

Top Bottom