The slow building of NoRdNdd

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Well, I thought with all of the new stuff I have been getting lately I would start my own build thread. I have been on the forum for a while now.

My first JK was an 08 X model. These two are the from the first day I got it.

yellow jeep 2.jpg

Yellow jeep.jpg

It was a bare bones model and other than the yellow color and the hideous front bumper I loved it. It had roughly 29k miles on it when I got it and I got a good deal on it.

As time went on I done some work to it.

yellow jeep 3.jpg

Plasti dipped the grill and sold the bumper. Bought an EVO 1/4 pounder, dont have pics of it but also ditched the factory rear bumper and put on some EVO D-ring mounts.

I sold a bunch of stuff that I wasn't using or going to use and was saving for a lift, tires, gears and lockers, etc. Then my wife and I got into a big fight, it pretty much was looking like divorce. We both work at the same place and ride together and seeing how I was probably going to be driving the jeep everyday since we were getting divorced and needing tires I ended up just getting wheel spacers and some 285/70r17 BFG ATs.

yellow jeep 4.jpg

Well after a long few months, lots of drinking (mostly by me), lots of sleepless nights, etc. we ended up being able to work things out. We were planning on taking a vacation in July of this year and were going with my boss and his family. He had recently purchased a 2014 four door sport and was going to be taking it to go see his parents at the RV park they were working at in Eureka Springs Arkansas. We decided to take our jeep and I was wanting to go to the offroad park south of there called Wheelin World. My wife decided we should trade in the 08 on a new one and after looking at my boss' the newer interior was growing on me. So we did.

yellow jeep 5.jpg
The last picture of the 08 taken the day before I traded it in. I stripped everything off of it except the wheel spacers and the tires. I had it for a year and a half and put 20k miles on it. When I traded it in I got all but $500 from what I gave for it. Pretty good deal.

Now comes the new one......

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404748362.333914.jpg
The day I got it. Its kind of dumb but all of the 4x4s I have ever owned have put at least 1 tire up on this rock. Its kind of my thing I guess. LOL.

I pulled the factory bumper off of the 14 and put it on the 08 so that I could keep my EVO bumper. Had to order the EVO vacuum pump relocate kit for the 14 though to be able to get the bumper on.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404748401.180578.jpg
3rd day of ownership. Had to get naked for the 4th of July!

white jeep 1.jpg
Plasti dipped the grill black. Though I think I am going to do it in the bedliner as it is already messing up in places. I used around a can and a half of Plasti dip and worked on it for two days hoping it would last longer. But it didnt seem to last very long before a bug or something peeled a spot in it.

rti ramp.jpg
Went on vacation and had a blast. Didn't do a lot at the offroad park being that it was stock. I rubbed the belly in quite a few places. It still had the paper tag so I didnt want to tear it up too much. I did get the first scratch on it though. Most of it buffed out.

white jeep 2.jpg
The town does a car show every year the weekend before the yearly rodeo. The wife and I have had the jeeps in it the last two years. This year we had almost 20 jeeps out of over 200 entries.

white jeep 6.jpg
white jeep 5.jpg

Ive tried climbing this in other vehicles and have been successful. The Rubicon however would almost do it by itself.

evo oil pan skid.jpg
EVO oil pan skid. Working on getting the money for the others.

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
white jeep 3.jpg

white jeep 4.jpg

Played in the pasture some. Nothing too exciting.

TobyandI.jpg

Wife made me take some fall pictures, I made her let me wear the hat (cause I always wear a hat) and the jeep had to be pictured. The jeep pics didnt really turned out how I wanted but here is one.

white jeep 8.jpg

white jeep 7.jpg

Here how she is sitting today. Got a 2.5 inch Teraflex coil lift for now to clear some 35s. I also ordered some new black Spydertrax 1.5 in wheel spacers as you can tell by the second pic. I traded my boss wheels and tires plus he gave me some cash. I could have sold my wheels and tires for more money but then would have had to buy rims and I like the sport rims so we decided to trade. I also got a Superchips Flascal but I am waiting on these......

tires.jpg

35 in Nitto Trail Grapplers, getting them installed Saturday at my buddies shop. I am hoping to also spray the wheels with the rattle can bedliner (dont rem the brand I got when I redone my front bumper) but not sure if I will get that done before Saturday or if I will just have to do it with the tires on.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Got the tires mounted on Saturday. Front looks fine, rear might need more lift. I may trim the fender flares this week or weekend. I may try to go ahead and get some EVO rock rails soon also, the factory Rubicon rock rail needs to be cut down and my boss doesnt want me to cut them because he wants them.

white jeep 12.jpg

white jeep 9.jpg

white jeep 13.jpg

white jeep 14.jpg

white jeep 10.jpg

Got the cowl stinkers installed Saturday also. Got to represent the WOL!

brothers.jpg

Pulled up next to my Suburban. Need to work on it some more. Its the family hauler/camping/tow rig, etc.

white jeep 11.jpg

Just cant get enough pics of it. Need to do some more stuff to it before I wheel it any.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Well I decided to pull my factory rock rails off due to rubbing during normal driving, sold them to my boss for $100. Called Northridge and took advantage of the EVO rock rail and skin package deal! :rock: Had to do the layaway program but plan on paying them off next month so I will get them then and then get them installed sometime after that. Pretty excited because I wasn't planning on getting them this soon but it looks like it will work out. We also have a 3 paycheck month next month so I am also hoping to get a power plant or at least do the layaway program again on one and put a big chunk of money down on one. :thumb:

xkid

Didn't like my rear end sagging either. Put a 2 inch puck in there.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Crappy cell phone pic from late last night but I finally got around to installing the EVO rear d-ring mounts and fascia piece.

image.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Oh and thanks everybody on the progress so far. It has made some advances these last couple of months that I wasnt even expecting to be close to doing yet. Im hoping to possibly go play some this weekend. I'll try to get some pics. It wont be much really, just playing in a friends pasture if we go.

Im anxious to see the wheels. I love plastidip and have used it a ton. Unfortunately its not that durable. Im keeping my stock wheel and like the way they look, but i want them black. Plasti dip just wont last.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yeah Ive done the grill and it already needs redone. For the wheels I was thinking of doing the bedliner instead. I called a local powder coating place and they wanted $100 per wheel to powder coat. For that kind of money I would just buy some black wheels.

Yeah Ive done the grill and it already needs redone. For the wheels I was thinking of doing the bedliner instead. I called a local powder coating place and they wanted $100 per wheel to powder coat. For that kind of money I would just buy some black wheels.

Yup im right with me. Post some pics when you do them. Thats if i dont beat you to it. Lol

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yup im right with me. Post some pics when you do them. Thats if i dont beat you to it. Lol

You might beat me to it. I must admit that the color of the wheels is growing on me. Though when I get some slabs or chambers I will have them done in all black.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Just paid off the rock rails and lower skins, should have them in roughly four days or so. Cant wait! Still need to order the Astro 1442 tool to install skins.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426509603.046368.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426509628.829401.jpg

Got the EVO rails and rocker gaurds in a while back and got busy with work and life. Forgot to post pics.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426509713.471264.jpg

Kind of nerve racking drilling holes in a 2014 with less than 7000 miles but each hole got easier.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426509784.520320.jpg

Got one side done, I was kind of lazy and it took me a while. I started sometime after lunch and was by myself. Being that you have to drill into the body, I wasn't in a big rush. I tried taking my time and hope it all went right. Seemed to work ok. Now just need to do the other side.

Still need to get the rails sprayed with the rattle can bedliner to match the front bumper and get them welded on.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If you have the rails, the skins are mostly for looks. They would provide a little bit of protection if something hit just above the rails.

Top Bottom