2013 JK Build With LS3 Advice?

Bedgie1

Building my '13 JK could always use advice.
AtoZ Fab with help from Robbi from Motech is Installing a new LS3 & 6l80.

Front axle: 35 Spline Dynatrac PR 44 w/Elocker
Rear axle: Dynatrac trail 60 w/Elocker
4.88 Gears 37" Terra Grapplers

Stock non rubicon TransConverter?

Tom Woods DS 1350

Advice greatly appreciated. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418530788.390625.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418530815.557538.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Haven't seen many 12+ doing the ls conversion yet. Esp not with the gm trans. Should be interesting.

I know bruiser is now doing 12+ ls conversions by only swapping the engine. They leave the new a580 trans as it is stout and you can keep 4:1 t case. The have a custom bellhousing adapter

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bedgie1

Yes I have 6spd manual converting to auto. My understanding is that the LS gen IV motor communicates better with the 6L80?

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. May I suggest looking at the thread Super sizing Moby, http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...LS-Jeep-Motor-Swap&highlight=supersizing+moby,

This should provide all the information you need. Might I also suggest going with a PR60 at a minimum due to it being a full float. Ideally a PR80 is needed to handle the torque coming from the V8. If you look at the JKX 2011 video you will see a silver JKU, Randy, that broke an axle on the trail. In fact Randy broke several Rock Jock 60 axles along with ring and pinion due to the torque. He has since upgraded to a PR80 rear axle and PR60 front axle and has not had any issues. Something you really need to think about.

R/
Will

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I didn't know they started dropping LSs in 12 and up. I am a long long way from ever doing that but will be watching how it turns out.

Top Bottom