Warn PowerPlant or use a PowerTank

Mdrnizd

What is everyone's thoughts on doing a Warn PowerPlant vs a Power Tank? I would need a Power Tank to actuate my lockers and air up tires. I don't really like the size of having to mount a Power Tank but I think the speed would be nice. For those of you that have one or the other do you regret what you bought? If I were to go to a PowerPlant, which one should I purchase?

Thanks for the help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Powertanks are awesome in that they're portable and can fill up a tire super fast. Powertanks suck in that once you're out, you're out. Of course, you need to pay to charge them up and they take up a lot of room inside your Jeep. While I love the idea of Powertank and how well they work when they work, I ultimately got a WARN PowerPlant for both my Jeeps.

The best part about the PowerPlant is that it's also a winch so it serves two well needed purposes and without taking any additional room inside your Jeep. Of course, FREE air is always there when you need it.

David1tontj

X2^

I've had a co2 tank for a while.. It takes up so much precious space, that I never even take it with me on big trips. I just resort to my onboard air. It is slower, but it gets the job done.

If I had to start over again, I would buy a power plant- they are way faster than my viair compressor, and they don't take up any extra space.

Also- the fact that your lockers would be relying on it, I really would not want something that could run out!
Talk about a bad day- not being able to use your lockers to get you out of a nasty spot!

Mdrnizd

Powertanks are awesome in that they're portable and can fill up a tire super fast. Powertanks suck in that once you're out, you're out. Of course, you need to pay to charge them up and they take up a lot of room inside your Jeep. While I love the idea of Powertank and how well they work when they work, I ultimately got a WARN PowerPlant for both my Jeeps.

The best part about the PowerPlant is that it's also a winch so it serves two well needed purposes and without taking any additional room inside your Jeep. Of course, FREE air is always there when you need it.

Thanks Eddie. Which PowerPlant do you recommend?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie. Which PowerPlant do you recommend?

I run a 9500 (what is now known as a 9.5) on both my JK's and have found it to be all that I need even on my big white JK that weighs about 7000 lbs. And, yes, I have and do use it in extreme conditions all the time. If you want a little more, I have no doubt that the 12 will get the job done too :cool:

JamesWyatt

I've had a Powertank before and agree with what's been said. It was really nice, but it a pain to have refilled (and a pain to find anyone willing). I also didn't like worrying about it being stolen out of the vehicle.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned go with the power plant as you kill two birds with one stone. Then get a small arb compressor to run the air lockers

Mdrnizd

Thank you all for the help. You guys have definitely talked me into not using the Power Tank. Looks like I will purchase the PowerPlant 9.5.

Top Bottom