Alignment Help Jeep pulls right?

RockBoss

Hey guys new to the forum and need some help. Alignment help Jeep pulls right? I had alignment done today and the shop said they could not get the caster the same on both sides and I need an adjustable ball joint. The tech said he could not adjust my arms because it would only preload the bushings and not get the caster right. Dose this make sense?

Camber: Left Front -0.9 Right Front -0.3

Caster: Left Front +5.2 Right Front +4.8

Toe: Left front 0.10
Right front 0.8
Total toe 0.18

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys new to the forum and need some help. Alignment help Jeep pulls right? I had alignment done today and the shop said they could not get the caster the same on both sides and I need an adjustable ball joint. The tech said he could not adjust my arms because it would only preload the bushings and not get the caster right. Dose this make sense?

Camber: Left Front -0.9 Right Front -0.3

Caster: Left Front +5.2 Right Front +4.8

Toe: Left front 0.10
Right front 0.8
Total toe 0.18

If you're shop was talking about you needing adjustable ball joints, your "camber" is off and they would be correct in saying that would be the only way to fix it. Looking at your specs, your left side is pretty off and that could contribute to your caster being off as well. I should note, before you fix anything, you really should have a set of c-gussets installed first to prevent any future bending.

Regarding your caster, what your tech said was also spot on. Your Jeep has a solid front axle and in spite of what some may try to suggest, attempting to add cross caster isn't something you should do as it will only preload your bushings and cause them to fail prematurely or worse.

RockBoss

If you're shop was talking about you needing adjustable ball joints, your "camber" is off and they would be correct in saying that would be the only way to fix it. Looking at your specs, your left side is pretty off and that could contribute to your caster being off as well. I should note, before you fix anything, you really should have a set of c-gussets installed first to prevent any future bending.

Regarding your caster, what your tech said was also spot on. Your Jeep has a solid front axle and in spite of what some may try to suggest, attempting to add cross caster isn't something you should do as it will only preload your bushings and cause them to fail prematurely or worse.

Okay thanks. I do have gussets but I'm sure I got them to late oh well. Do you think an adjustable ball joint is worth it to fix the left camber? Would it help with the jeep pulling right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay thanks. I do have gussets but I'm sure I got them to late oh well. Do you think an adjustable ball joint is worth it to fix the left camber? Would it help with the jeep pulling right?

a lot of big off road tires tend to pull one way or another due to what some refer to as "radial pull". i'm used to it and so i don't even think much about it anymore. but, if it's enough to bother you, yeah, getting your camber fixed may help to fix it.

Top Bottom