Programmers!! AEV, Flashcal??

tonytony9

Great weekend for my JK! Just got brand new drag link installed and my steering is feeling amazing. No more death wobble for me :blush:!

Most importantly though, I just got brand new Hankook dynapro atm 295/70/17's on my rig. My last set of tires which came with my Jk were 265's so I did got up a decent amount in size.

Over the weekend I have been BURNING through gas and I decided I defiantly need a programmer to get everything straightened out (pretty sure I have been getting around 12.8mpg when I normally get around 16-17). So I need some help choosing a good programmer!

I currently am driving a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Automatic 3.8L V6. I am also running Mac OS on my computer, but that will not limit me in my product choice (I know a lot of the time you have to connect the programmer to a computer for updates and ect...)

I really cannot go another week like this - I drive about 50 miles a day and I need my mpg back!

I can't really tell if the shit points are off, I feel like they are a little. But my mpq has been bouncing around and I know that is for sure off. I have not compared the speedo to GPS yet either. Will do that tomorrow.

Help me out on my choice because! I have been reading mixed opinions about the superchips products, but I do like how I do not have to deal with dip switches for it!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Your shift points are deff off now being you went up in size. As mentioned I have had both and I would suggest the flashcal just for the sake of having the screen. Much more user friendly.

Jk909

I use the aev. It's simple and it works however I think cozdude has both so I would take his advise.

tonytony9

Your shift points are deff off now being you went up in size. As mentioned I have had both and I would suggest the flashcal just for the sake of having the screen. Much more user friendly.

Have you had any problems with it? This will increase my mpg correct?

Tanner505

Yeah unfortunately but I like the versatility of it its not just a programmer for jeeps, the work of tons of vehicles and they give you the ability to look at all the engine parameters as well and custom gauge layouts

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Have you had any problems with it? This will increase my mpg correct?

I have the flashpaq and have had zero issues with it. Only difference from the paq and cal is having access to tunes.

Getting your ecu to recognize the new correct tire size will fix your speedo, shift points, and the mpg readout to give you accurate numbers. So yes essentially it will fix your mpg.

chipper

I just used the flashcal/paq (upgraded) for the first time yesterday. I found it to be very user friendly. The fact of have the screen made it so easy. Just plug it in and scroll through, and adjust what you want.

^^^^ x2. Im running the 295s as well. Went with the superchips flashcal and love it. Easy to use and functionality is great. the recalibration made my drivetrain happy again. Not factory mpgs by any means, but better.

tonytony9

^^^^ x2. Im running the 295s as well. Went with the superchips flashcal and love it. Easy to use and functionality is great. the recalibration made my drivetrain happy again. Not factory mpgs by any means, but better.

Well I was averaging around like 15 with my 265's because they were so messed up wear and balance wise. So hopefully now that I have new tires and that I reprogram my mpg will go a little above or at least to that numbe.

Well I was averaging around like 15 with my 265's because they were so messed up wear and balance wise. So hopefully now that I have new tires and that I reprogram my mpg will go a little above or at least to that numbe.

Yeah id say youll be in the 15mpg ballpark. Thats were i am, and thats with the 3.6 runnin stock 3.21 gears.

Top Bottom