Trail JK’s pretty Penny Copperhead build

Trail JK

Hey everyone, I figured since I enjoy reading up on all the build threads posted that maybe I should start one on my build. About four months ago I sold my 07 Rubicon after purchasing a 14 Rubi in Copperhead Pearl coat hence her name, Penny.

I’'ve made a few modest modifications and compiled a nice wish list that I can chip away at over time. Below is a list of what I envision for Penny but may not have completed yet along with a few pics of what's been installed so far. ;)

1. Warn Power Plant winch/air compressor (installed)

2. Cobra 75 WX ST/remote mount CB radio, Cooltech CB mount, with an audio interrupt system (installed)

3. EVO LCG Bolt-on coilovers the system will have the following:
-EVO MFG Front & Rear LCG Bolt-on Coilover kits (installed)
-EVO MFG Dranglink Flip (installed)
-King OEM Bumpstops (installed)
-EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade kit
-JE Reel 1350 Front driveshaft (installed)
-JE Reel 1350 Rear driveshaft (installed)
-EVO Front lower adjustable control arm until long arms go in (installed)
-EVO HD SwayBar EndLinks (installed)

4. Rock Slide Engineering Step-Slider edit: changing these to the EVO sliders (evo sliders installed)

5. EVO MFG Rock Skins (installed)

6. 10”" Rigid Industries LED light bar (installed)

7. Rigid Industries dually LED light pair & mounts (installed)

8. Switch mount system (installed)

9. ATX Beadlock Slabs (installed)

10. Nitto Trail Grapplers (installed)

11. LoD rear bumper w/integrated tail gate single action tire carrier. (installed)

12. Mopar Highline fender kit (If and when it’s released) for now factory fenders have been trimmed.

13. Truck Master designs cold air induction hood

14. Twill soft top trektop nx (installed)

15. Coverking front & rear seat covers

16. Tuffy JK Security deck enclosure

17. Hi-Lift Jack

18. Trail Tire puncture repair kit (done)

19. EVO Trail Table (installed)

20. ARB Fridge/Freezer (done)

21. Tuffy Conceal Carry drawer (installed)

22. Backup camera

23. Superchips traildash edit: changed to AEV ProCal Module (installed)

24. EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger (installed)

25. Trail Tool kit (done)

26. Fire extinguisher (installed)

27. Rock Hard Sport Cage (installed)

28. Exhaust modification (done)

29. EVO Protec System (installed)

30. Truck Lite headlight mod (installed)

31. Mopar trail decal on stock hood (Rubicon trail, installed)

32. Rock lights (installed)

33. EVO Front lower control arm skids (installed)

34. EVO Mfg C2 Axle Gussets (installed)

35. 5:13 gears (installed)

36. Dynatrac ProGrip brake system (installed)

37. PSC ram assist (installed)

38. Currie tie rod (installed)

39. PCI race radio (check)

Penny at the dealership...

At the dealership.jpg .

When I brought her home...

The day I brought her home IMG_1255.JPG .

Front bumper swap...

10334298_10204206102259386_5316026066308563146_n.jpg .

Truck Lite headlight swap out & Rigid Industries dually LED lights...

10474861_10204419079823692_6041116228205413201_n.jpg .

Warn PowerPlant winch/air compressor & 10” Rigid Industries LED light bar installed :thumb: LOVE the PowerPlant!

1919641_10204450623372261_6497334617999546355_n - Copy.jpg .

And the Mopar trail map decal shown here on our first road trip to Lake Powell...

First road trip to Lake Powell_mopar map.JPG .

That's everything for now. Hope to add pics soon on the next steps! :yup:

Last edited:

OscarMike2.0

Looks good! Where did you get the rubicon trail hood decal that looks awesome and is different from the just blacked out hood decal!

Trail JK

Ok good to know thanks! BTW what is "Mopar Highlift fender kit" Ive never heard anything about it

You probably haven't heard about it because it's not released yet. They've only been seen on Mopar's concept builds at SEMA shows or if you're lucky enough to spot them on the trails at EJS in Moab. Here are a few pics of two different styles.
Edit: the highline fenders are on the orange mojo build.

I really like the lower forty hood w/fenders best.

EVO makes a similar hood/fender combo like the red lower forty concept car in the pics.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418624881.265946.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418624905.909849.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418624916.840571.jpg .

Last edited:

Trail JK

Here's a pic of the EVO hood/fender combo similar to the lower forty. I like this one too and I may go this way I'm still undecided.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418626283.311577.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418626299.009695.jpg .

OscarMike2.0

Interesting I was at SEMA this year and must have missed this. I remember seeing this jeep but not the wonky fenders. I must have been distracted by all the other cool stuff!

Trail JK

Playing with that hood decal....pretty sweet!

Yeah it's pretty cool! I blew the map up to the max and the lines are a little choppy. Got me thinking maybe the grid would've been a little smoother if I hadn't done that but idk? I haven't seen another one in person yet to compare it.

There is a tip if you go with one and do the install yourself you should let the map dry out over a couple of days before inserting the window washer tabs. I put mine on right away and as the map was drying it move a bit and scrunched into the tabs. Sort of drives me nuts now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to replace the hood anyhow but it's way on the bottom of my mod list as of right now.

Trail JK

Well Ray and I had some time to work on the Jeep today. We (mostly he) finished installing the EVO Protek skids and the EVO trail table. Yay! 😊

Thanks Eddie for the install write up! It's perfectly laid out.

Feels so much better knowing things are protected especially being stock still.

I threw on some Wayalife decals and think Penny's looking good sporting her new stickers.

I also came to realize that I may need to rethink the color match fenders as the rear fenders already have some nice rock rash from kicking rocks on the trail. I'm not sure if it will be less likely once she's lifted or not.

There's a constant drip of coolant leaking (that's a bummer). The dealership said I'm number 1900 (yes 1900) in line for the replacement part and it would take a few weeks. Eeek!

Anyhow, below are some pics...

Rock rash from the trail...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419124576.429312.jpg .

EVO Protek skids going on... You can see the coolant leaking here too.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419124648.081864.jpg .

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419124791.414064.jpg .

Decals going on...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419124817.318359.jpg .

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419124862.413979.jpg .

EVO trail table installed...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419124970.345940.jpg .

Warebear

Beautiful jeep! I must say that my build plan is extremely similar to yours, so I'll be following closely so I learn from your mistakes ;)

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Interested in your thoughts about #4 on your list. I really like them, but worry about part durability, esp the motors. They seem kinda noisy too. Havent seem them in person though.

#22 + 23. Doesn't the traildash do everything the flashpaq does plus more.

Nice plan.

Trail JK

Beautiful jeep! I must say that my build plan is extremely similar to yours, so I'll be following closely so I learn from your mistakes ;)

Yep, I'm sure to make a few after all, "The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything." So I've been told. :)

Trail JK

Interested in your thoughts about #4 on your list. I really like them, but worry about part durability, esp the motors. They seem kinda noisy too. Havent seem them in person though.

#22 + 23. Doesn't the traildash do everything the flashpaq does plus more.

Nice plan.

I had the same concerns on the rock sliders. I've seen them in person and they look to be pretty darn cool. I don't think they are noisy. But I haven't seen them perform on rocks. I'm a girl (wear heels M-F) and being my d&d I thought that would be nice to have the retractable step once Penny is lifted. Also, I had to keep a stepping stool in my last Jeep for my Mom for the times I took her places.

Regarding the sliders, I've been told how nice they are but the Jeep I saw them on is more of a show Jeep. Not a scratch on them... Hmmm.

I asked my boyfriend to pick something up at the shop and he told me that they showed him the sliders but that one side of them were broken. :/ It's looking like I'm going to have to put the stepping stool back in the Jeep. The sliders are pretty pricey and I'd throw down "if" I felt better about them. So I'll probably be going with the EVO sliders.

On the trail dash I didn't know it does everything the flashpaq does? If so I'll just do the trail dash. On the Thanksgiving run Brandon had a trail dash that was the first time I've seen one. So I'll need to research that.

Top Bottom