Got Jacked! Need a security console?

SFNick

Woke up this morning to find out that my Jeep had been broken into & my pistol stolen. Guess I'll be getting a Tuffy security console. Was wondering If the full console was any more secure than the insert?

Last edited:

GRNHORN

Woke up this morning to find out that my Jeep had been broken into & my pistol stolen. Guess I'll be getting a Tuffy security console. Was wondering If the full console was any more secure than the insert?

Why would you leave your pistol in your Jeep over night?

Jackal01

I went with the Tuffy seat security drawer to store my pistol, mags and GPS. I think it would be more work to break into than the console(just my opinion from looking at both) albeit still a nice unit that I want. I feel that the drawer is designed well enough that I feel comfortable leaving pricey toys in it.

Last edited:

SFNick

I went with the Tuffy seat security drawer to store my pistol, mags and GPS. I think it would be more work to break into than the drawer (just my opinion from looking at both) albeit still a nice unit that I want. I feel that the drawer is designed well enough that I feel comfortable leaving pricey toys in it.

I'll have to look into the security drawer. Might get that and the insert instead of the whole console.

SFNick

Anyone with the Tuffy insert feel like it could be easily ripped out? Does it mount to the plastic console?

Jackal01

I'll have to look into the security drawer. Might get that and the insert instead of the whole console.

You obviously got what I meant but I meant to say "more work to break into than the console".

I have no experience with the console or insert. But to me, the design and placement of the drawer was a huge draw to me. It would seem to be somewhat difficult to get good leverage near the floor. And a tool to attempt to open it would be somewhat thin as to pry it open. I don't think a pry/crowbar/claw hammer could wedge in there. Just seems like a solid design for 55 bucks. It may not be fool proof but it sure will slow them down I think.

DMF

Anyone with the Tuffy insert feel like it could be easily ripped out? Does it mount to the plastic console?

I have one under the drivers seat. It's easier to just steal the entire Jeep then prying the drawer open. Its definitely not coming out with the seat attached.

dannymalkin

I have one under the drivers seat. It's easier to just steal the entire Jeep then prying the drawer open. Its definitely not coming out with the seat attached.

I agree. The underwear console is so secure I'm afraid if I loose the key I will never be able to open it lol

Edit: just realized this was supposed to say underseat not underwear lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom