Messed up my cable

jman_12

Last time I was off the pavement I used my winch to get out of a deep mud hole. Anyway, my cable is really f**ked up. What are my options for buying synthetic rope? Any thoughts would be appreciated

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree. Before you go out spending your hard earned money, it might help to have others give you a second opinion regarding your cable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah thanks guys. I'll try and post some pics later today

Unless it's cut and splintered, I would find a flat spot where you can spool out your line, hook it up to another rig or good anchor point and then slowly reel in the line and call it a day.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Unless it's cut and splintered, I would find a flat spot where you can spool out your line, hook it up to another rig or good anchor point and then slowly reel in the line and call it a day.

X2 here :yup: What Eddie said. Had flat spot on my cable winch on my old FJ hook to a tree for a anchor point worked great.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 115768

Here's a picture of my cable, it got tangled up and I also managed to lose the remote in mud...

Well, I would start off by getting a replacement remote and then, pull all the line out so that you can inspect it for any cuts or splintering. If all looks good, just wind it back in as I had described and not worry about it too much. Of course, if you're just looking to spend some money, now would be a good time to consider a synthetic line :yup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I agree with Eddie, synthetic line if you can get it. You wouldn't have that problem either

RMC2

Caught the Bug
When your checking your cable, there are a couple of spots where the strands of the cable do not look right.

For the rest of you, synthetic which line recommendatios????? Preferably for a 9500 pound winch.

Top Bottom