Stuck tie rod end

wetfootnw

I need to replace the tie rod end from a Synergy Drag Link on the pitman arm side. I can't get the tie rod end out or break the nut loose. It's left hand threaded and tried soaking it with pb blaster with no luck.
Next step would be to heat it up. Would I heat up the nut and tie rod end or the drag link side?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry. I have the drag link removed completely. Problem is getting the tie rod end out of the drag link.

Good luck getting that apart. Factory drag links and tie-rods are NOT made to have just the TRE's replaced. In fact, if you want to buy a replacement from your dealership, you have to order the entire link with the TRE on it. The end is crimped and, while removal is possible, it takes a lot of effort. Certainly, PB blaster and a little heat won't be enough. You're better off just getting a replacement aftermarket TRE.

I need to replace the tie rod end from a Synergy Drag Link on the pitman arm side. I can't get the tie rod end out or break the nut loose. It's left hand threaded and tried soaking it with pb blaster with no luck.
Next step would be to heat it up. Would I heat up the nut and tie rod end or the drag link side?

I used heat at the nut and down the drag link. Took a lot of grunt but final got it off.

Top Bottom