A ton of notifications

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Anybody else getting a ton of notifications regarding subscribed threads for this forum and JKF? I'm talking 5-7 per updated post. Even getting some when the threads haven't even been updated.

Maybe it's just me?
Mayb

Bbreen724

I had the same thing happen. I didn't get any for weeks then suddenly was getting numerous all at once, like the system was getting caught up!:icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i've been getting push notifications from jkf but, are you guys saying that you're getting them from here as well?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
i've been getting push notifications from jkf but, are you guys saying that you're getting them from here as well?

I've gotten a couple today as notification when I received a message. I did get more than one even though I had already read it on the net. Actually thought it was kind of cool! :cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This just came up on another forum I admin on. Weird issue. Both sites are owned by the same owners though so maybe there was a glitch.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yes here too Eddie. It's non stop. When they come in they come in droves! Just got seven for this thread.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes here too Eddie. It's no stop. When they come in they come in droves! Just got seven for this thread.

okay, that's really wierd as i haven't been getting anything. i'll try to give this a look right away. thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, it would seem there might be a problem with the app server and the notifications are coming from them. It looks like they are aware of the problem and I can only hope they are working on a fix for it.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
wayoflife said:
Okay, it would seem there might be a problem with the app server and the notifications are coming from them. It looks like they are aware of the problem and I can only hope they are working on a fix for it.

That's great news sir, thank you again!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Cool. I keep getting the same ones. I keep thinking the birthday boy is sending me PMs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
okay, the problem is definitely on the app server end and so until they get things fixed, we tried disabling all push notifications on our end. please let us know if the problem persists.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I just got one in the last hour. I'll let you know if I get anymore after this point.

Edit: on the plus side, I was just able to post with my iPhone without doing a quote.

DarthJeep

I had this problem on the other two forums. I was told to just go into settings on my iPhone and under notifications I turned notification center to off. No more beeps or banners popping up now.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
DarthJeep said:
I had this problem on the other two forums. I was told to just go into settings on my iPhone and under notifications I turned notification center to off. No more beeps or banners popping up now.

I tried that too and I just got 12 in a row right now.... Hey at least if its on audible alert it sounds like an old Atari game when they come in back to back 8)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
10frank9 said:
I tried that too and I just got 12 in a row right now.... Hey at least if its on audible alert it sounds like an old Atari game when they come in back to back 8)

Just to clarify, you're still getting these from here? Wayalife.com?

Top Bottom