Pressure washers? Who's got one and which is the best buy?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm thinking about picking up a decent pressure washer for the jeep (and the driveway) and looking for advice. The last few times I've taken the jeep out, it's resulted in a terrible mess in the driveway after its finally clean again. It it worth buying one? Or is spending $10 at the local diy carwash the best bet? Thanks guys

Happy jeeping

Attachments

• 1419276580419.jpg
    1419276580419.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 162

Warebear

Ya my buddy also had an electric one for his jeep, worked very well. No mess that comes with having a gas powered one.

I have had a ton of these and honestly only use electric ones now. The gas ones have proven to be more maintenance than they are help. (at least for me) Something around 1700 PSI should work well.

The most improtant addition you can have is a rotating (I call it a wobbulator) nozzle.

Something like this. http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/stories/183-How-to-Pick-the-Perfect-Rotary-Turbo-Nozzle.html You will be amazed at how much more effective this is at removing mud over a standard nozzle.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys, mods (eddie) sorry this is in the wrong forum man.

I'm liking that $99 one... I was expecting $3-$500! $99 isn't bad at all! Maybe an early Christmas gift to myself. I see it's only 1500 psi, is that enough? Or should I spend a little more for a 1700 psi washer? The only pressure washer I've ever used is the one at the diy carwash, so as side from putting quarters in and squeezing the handle, I'm clueless. Thanks!

A rotating nozzle is defiantly happening aswell! I can already imagine how helpful that'll be

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have this one...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_336396-5339...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

But if it dies (I've had it for 3 years and work the crap out of it) I am thinking of gettting this one.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P5POKM...=UTF8&colid=W1GBAQXCJEA0&coliid=IT1BI5FX64PEF

Nice! Thanks man!

Does 200 psi really make the difference? I mean it's nearly twice the cost...

Also, I've seen some guys with a soap attachment to their pressure washer, is that something special? Or can that be added on to any system? Thanks

Nice! Thanks man!

Does 200 psi really make the difference? I mean it's nearly twice the cost...

Also, I've seen some guys with a soap attachment to their pressure washer, is that something special? Or can that be added on to any system? Thanks

I wouldn't think the pressure would be that big of a difference. I like the yellow one for some other reasons (mostly form) and all the bells and whistles that can be added. Both have a soap inlet, although I rarely use the soap function on the Jeep. (Works well for Decks and concrete though)

Clark Griswold

I have had electrics but they just didn't stand up to heavy use, I picked up a Generac One Wash that is gas and adjustable from 2k to 3k psi. It is a beast, I live in a wooded area so always cleaning the house, deck, driveway and of course the Jeep. I got it for just under $300 at Sears.

gburkett

If your only using $10 at the diy wash it was still clean. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeep10

Pressure Washer

I have a gas one and it works pretty good. The best thing I did with it though was go to Lowes and in the pressure washer isle, bought some fittings to make a shorter wand. I'm used to handing a shorter wand and can get things cleaner faster. I also took some sink piping, and made a nozzle for the garden hose to flush the frame. Make sure you run the frame with water until it flows clear. Dirt hold moisture and rots things. I learned the hard on way on this.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have a gas one and it works pretty good. The best thing I did with it though was go to Lowes and in the pressure washer isle, bought some fittings to make a shorter wand. I'm used to handing a shorter wand and can get things cleaner faster. I also took some sink piping, and made a nozzle for the garden hose to flush the frame. Make sure you run the frame with water until it flows clear. Dirt hold moisture and rots things. I learned the hard on way on this.

Yeah, this is what I currently do with the hose... but high pressure will speed things up quite a bit. Mind posting some pics of your "frame flusher" and "short nozzle mod" ied love to see it! Thanks man

CerOf

My apologies if it's been mentioned, but I was always taught to give greater consideration to gpm.

Example: if my choice was 1,500 psi and 4gpm or 1,800 psi and 2gpm, 1,500 will be superior by a 2x factor. It will even be better in most situations than 2,000psi @2gpm

David1tontj

I'm used to handing a shorter wand.......

😳

I've had the Subaru powered ryobi for 8 years of heavy construction/dirt bike/jeep/house use- and it still fires up first pull and runs awesome.

It's 3,000 psi, and I can honestly say that it has gotten me in trouble several times.

1- I was in a hurry washing my Yamaha several years back- got too close to the seat and cut a hole right through it!

2- washing my wife's old car (06 trailblazer) I again, got a little too close and took off some pinstriping..

3- several times on my jeep and other dirtbikes have lost decals and stickers.

The psi is nice, but really need to be careful when its that much.
I would stick with something under 2,000 for auto use.

patr1ckm

I have the Greenworks for more than year now and it works great. It has 4 quick disconnect nozzles so very handy to use.

Top Bottom