Thread: High clearance long arm kit from EVO

High clearance long arm kit from EVO

Well, it's taking me about a year to save for a long arm upgrade on the jeep, and there's only a few I'm interested in. But I have a question; why can't we run the high clearance long arms from evo with coils and shocks? If the shock mount and sway bar link tabs gets relocated at the same time, is there any reason why this can't happen? My biggest complaint with the jk is the rear mounts. I'm trying to get everything up high. And eventually, my plan is to run coil overs. Thoughts?
    I LOVE MY JK

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    Well, it's taking me about a year to save for a long arm upgrade on the jeep, and there's only a few I'm interested in. But I have a question; why can't we run the high clearance long arms from evo with coils and shocks? If the shock mount and sway bar link tabs gets relocated at the same time, is there any reason why this can't happen? My biggest complaint with the jk is the rear mounts. I'm trying to get everything up high. And eventually, my plan is to run coil overs. Thoughts?
    there are two different long arm setups from EVO. one is designed to work specifically with the EVO coilover setup, the other (and correct me if im wrong) I believe can be used with standard coil/shock lift. Ive been planning to run coilovers so I havent really looked at the other long arm setup they offer, but I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

disregard, i misread the part about the high clearence kit. as i believe the high clearence kit is for coilovers and the other kit is not a high clearence kit. one of the pros on here will be able to clarify though...

Jmatta33. Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm aware of both, but I'm hoping for the better of the 2. I'm trying to keep the rear frame mounts high as well as the control arm mounts. I'm pretty hard on the belly of this thing, and the thing that drives me crazy is the anchors that drag over everything in the rear.
    I LOVE MY JK

-
    The high clearance kit( like RubiCat is running) can be run with the coil over system. It just takes some planning and relocation(angles change on the axle end of the long arm) to be done correctly. If you are going to have a shop do the install, go for it! If you are doing the install, and don't understand the angles and know what you are doing( I did mine and didn't know enough to get it right and don't have a shop I trust close by) stay with the standard long arm kit from Evo.