Trek Top NX and rain

UpsideUp

I was wondering if anyone has any issues with rain leaking inside during storms? I have this vision of selling my hard top and my Bestop Safari top and just getting the NX. But when I run the safari top with my full doors I tend to get a large amount of rain in through the tops of the doors. Does the NX combat this some how and is this a decent idea to only go with the one top?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have any issues with rain leaking in while I'm driving but, when I open the doors, water does dribble down from the rain gutter a bit where it meets up with the windshield.

Only reason mine leaks is because I've broke the windshield support bar a few times and my patch work just isn't that great :doh: Even with that I don't get that much leaking in.

UpsideUp

I'm wondering is this because of the included "door surrounds" ? This is sounding more like a great idea. If I can sell my hard top and safari top...with the price of the Trek top being less might leave some extra cash for additional mods!:thumb:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Buy a factory tailgate bar. The bestop one leaks.

This is a good idea...have you come across anyone using the factory header bar? My gap is so bad that wind comes through haha. I'm going to start looking for a factory tailgate bar now as my bestop one might as well not be there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm wondering is this because of the included "door surrounds" ? This is sounding more like a great idea. If I can sell my hard top and safari top...with the price of the Trek top being less might leave some extra cash for additional mods!:thumb:

Yes. The Trektop NX has door surrounds that are just like factory and that's because Bestop manufactures factory soft tops.

Buy a factory tailgate bar. The bestop one leaks.

This is a good recommendation ^^^

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is a good idea...have you come across anyone using the factory header bar? My gap is so bad that wind comes through haha. I'm going to start looking for a factory tailgate bar now as my bestop one might as well not be there.

Nope and I've never had issues with mine.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I actually went from a factory top to a trektop due to leaks I was having and had no issues while I was running the trektop.

JaySC

I didn't have any issues with leaks at first. But after running it for a couple of years, I now have leaks coming from the door surrounds. Leaves a nice mildew smell lol.

UpsideUp

I didn't have any issues with leaks at first. But after running it for a couple of years, I now have leaks coming from the door surrounds. Leaves a nice mildew smell lol.

That's awesome! LoL My buddy is running a new Bestop on his old Landcruiser and said that he was having mildew issues with his too. I had a problem with leaking at my freedom panels at the windshield. ..so much so that it was dripping off of my CB above my rear view mirror. I have already replaced one CB (under warranty) because of moisture and got lucky it didn't ruin the second one. So am looking for other solutions. This seems like a great one!

kfd78

Trel Top

I have leaking issues with mine. Same place as you. And when I use the bestop soft doors...forget about it. Mine as well leave doors off completely.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I was wondering if anyone has any issues with rain leaking inside during storms? I have this vision of selling my hard top and my Bestop Safari top and just getting the NX. But when I run the safari top with my full doors I tend to get a large amount of rain in through the tops of the doors. Does the NX combat this some how and is this a decent idea to only go with the one top?

It sounds to me that the op has a safari top and is under the impression that the NX fits the same way. The safari top is not water proof and is different then the NX, the NX has door surrounds which will waterproof around the doors like the hard top.

Edit: all which have been mentioned above

UpsideUp

Thanks Benito. I have both the hard top and safari top. I was just using the safari top as an example as it kind of "hangs" over the doors and let's a ton of wind and water in during the rain. I was curious if the NX fit similar as the safari but as other posters said they don't fit the same because of those surrounds. But it seems the tailgate bar is the weak link and an after market one should be used instead? Thanks for the responses guys!

Top Bottom